Check Engine Light Came On - The Results (EGR) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't, and you're right. In Tennessee we don't have emissions tests or inspections, but there's a chance I might be headed west to AZ or (gasp!) CA. If I do, it'll unfortunately need to be repaired. @beno, Can these parts be sourced for less?

I only took it to a dealership because I'm in a pinch for time and I tried several places that said they couldn't read the codes since it was so old so I just said "**** it" and dropped it off at Wolfchase Toyota.

Complicating matters is the fact that I travel for a living and live in an apartment, so I have nowhere do do any work myself and less than no time to do it. LOL :/

Not all areas in Az need emissions. I live in Pinal county and they are not needed.

In AZ the big metro cities have smog or better said emission controls. I sold a Jeep to a guy who explained to me how to get around it in AZ.

My starter kicked the bucket this weekend. You're in good company.

I've spent plenty of money with Wolfchase Toyota's parts dept, but never took any vehicles to be repaired. My EGR code has been on for eons and it doesn't affect the trucks performance at all (as you have found). Did they determine that the valve cover gasket is leaking? From the front or the rear?

Not all areas in Az need emissions. I live in Pinal county and they are not needed.

In AZ the big metro cities have smog or better said emission controls. I sold a Jeep to a guy who explained to me how to get around it in AZ.

Thanks guys. If I move out there it'll be to Phoenix, so I'm probably hosed. Haha!

My starter kicked the bucket this weekend. You're in good company.

I've spent plenty of money with Wolfchase Toyota's parts dept, but never took any vehicles to be repaired. My EGR code has been on for eons and it doesn't affect the trucks performance at all (as you have found). Did they determine that the valve cover gasket is leaking? From the front or the rear?

I've had three mechanics determine that the valve cover gasket is leaking, but nobody has mentioned where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom