Chasing the Elusive 100 Series Rear Wind Deflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was thinking of getting rid of mine. PM me and we can check to see what it would take to get it shipped.

The flat black “wing” deflector found on the early Cruisers? Don’t paint it, polish it with a mild cleaner wax. It will take the haze off and shine it up.

I have a factory spoiler if that is what is being asked for that I plan to not ever put back on my truck. You'll need bolts because I reused them to plug holes. Have no idea what the cost is, but I can help a brother in need. Jus PM me.
I was thinking of getting rid of mine. PM me and we can check to see what it would take to get it shipped.

Send me the price, with shipping.

Brooks Emerson
7878 Lake Dawn Dr
Winter Park, FL 32792

What if... instead of the wing, you repurposed those holes for a light bracket. Like this:
Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 2.50.43 PM.png

The bar is actually pretty light - 2.2 lbs - and mounted with rivnuts and through-bolts. It's been in place for a few months and is routinely used as a grab handle to access the roof rack.

That one's on a GX - Brian Dugan's (owner of ACC Garage) GX470. I'm trying to convince him to make the product - the MULLET (Multi Use Lightweight Low-profile Extruded Tube) for the 100s.

Last edited:
I know i'm bringing this back from the dead, but didn't want to start a new thread. Any prayer any of you kind folks out there have one of these spoilers laying around in your garage? I'm even willing to buy a rough one and do some repairs. I currently have a white 100 with the wail tail spoiler and I'm adding a roof rack this weekend and it has to go. I really prefer this look of the black wind deflector as many here have mentioned. I would of course we willing to trade my "wing" plus cash if someone is interested.

Cheers and Merry Christmas,
Jeff

I'm also looking for a traditional rear wing .... NOT the whale tail. Thanks very much for any help

You may want to PM doctorbaster... I ended up not using his, so he may be willing to still part with it. He’s a great guy willing to help the community.

On another note I have a natural white whale tail style wing if anyone needs one.

You may want to PM doctorbaster... I ended up not using his, so he may be willing to still part with it. He’s a great guy willing to help the community.

On another note I have a natural white whale tail style wing if anyone needs one.
The "whale tail" is the huge white faring correct? Where most of us want the thin metal "wing"?

Correct it looks more like a normal wing/ spoiler.... I converted to the thin small black wind deflector that everyone is talking about here. FYI it is not metal though, they are plastic if some sort or composite.

Haha I’m looking for the plastic wind deflector as well. I did a search on the forum and found this old thread not expecting to find a post from the last month resurrecting it.

Add me to the list of people wanting to buy the thin piece of plastic thing

Ok, just to continue to beat a dead horse (with a plastic wind deflector), are the brackets that my 2006 came with (with no deflector) for the deflector or the "whale tail" thing? I am having a lot of water leaking in around the back hatch and I am trying to decide if I should ditch the brackets and RTV something here, or if it is worthwhile to track down a deflector for the truck and seal everything properly. Also, add me to this list. Maybe someone with a 3D printer has the entrepreneurial
9F461284-7860-46E4-9852-F16189D11764.JPG
spirit?

Those are for the black wind deflector but you’re leak is either from those nurserts or from the 3rd brake light. There are tons of posts and complaints about that light leaking.

Resurrecting this zombie thread - anyone with the 100 series black spoiler sitting around? Located in Denver - thanks!

I also would like to get a black deflector if anyone has one. This seems to be the go to thread for them.

I have the whale tale and I think it looks better, plus it keeps my back window real clean even on dirty snowy slushy roads. But I can’t open my hatch with anything long on the roof (canoe, surf board, lumber, etc.), which is real annoying. I’m considering pulling it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom