Builds chap79's Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m married to my garage, but luckily the :princess: knew that when we got together. She accepting, as long as I make her furniture.

Good thing we don't have a lot of rain here.

If you build me furniture, I will let you work inside the garage too.

So true, I'd need a much bigger shop. And my first wood working project would be to build a coffin.

I'm on the line between rock crawler and expedition rig. The :princess: has been awesome with all the remote trips we do, she’s never complained about the lack of anything. But keeping her happy will allow us to be able to go on further/longer trips. There will be an inverter added on sometime in the future. And a frig, thanks @bajaphile
If you do a lot of overnight or multi-night trips a fridge is the best upgrade in my opinion. My wife was asking why we need a fridge when we have a perfectly good cooler we can put ice in. Once we got the fridge and she realized we don't have to worry about finding more ice or draining water so our food doesn't get ruined she was sold. I held out and found a used Edgestar 43 qt for a good price.

Well, I received my ebay quarter panel cubby door... but it's gray! WTH :bang: I'll probably just paint it a close enough brown and use it anyways. My plan is to make a second door that accesses the rear fuse block panel so I don't have to take the whole thing out every time. Something to play around with tomorrow. Today I'm stuck at work playing babysitter.

If you do a lot of overnight or multi-night trips a fridge is the best upgrade in my opinion. My wife was asking why we need a fridge when we have a perfectly good cooler we can put ice in. Once we got the fridge and she realized we don't have to worry about finding more ice or draining water so our food doesn't get ruined she was sold. I held out and found a used Edgestar 43 qt for a good price.
How well to you like that size of the 43 qt? About how many days worth of food can you fit in it? I've been Amazon window shopping for one and trying to figure out what size I really need. I usually take a 70 quart cooler but I put 4 one gallon frozen bottles in it instead of ice. So my useable space is more like 50 qts.

It's a good size for a few days depending on what you are eating. Ours is usually 1/3 beer and the rest food. I replace a beer when I pull one out. I would say go a little bigger if you have the space but you can make due with a 43qt.

Well, I received my ebay quarter panel cubby door... but it's gray! WTH :bang: I'll probably just paint it a close enough brown and use it anyways. My plan is to make a second door that accesses the rear fuse block panel so I don't have to take the whole thing out every time. Something to play around with tomorrow. Today I'm stuck at work playing babysitter.

Paint the flag on it just like your rear side window. Gray won't matter at that point.

I don't know if they have some notification system built in their website for stuff you are looking for. People have gotten good deals on different fridge sizes, but you have to check the site daily maybe. At least here on this forum there are a lot of people looking for a great deal. You can only imagine all the other people on other forums and individuals too.

I would also look on the classified section here as people get rid of their gear or upgrade from time to time.

Maybe place a "wanted" ad and hope for the best.
I think the 43qt Edgestar on open box goes for something like $300. Of course the prices will always be different due to the extent of damage they come with.

Replaced the D light in the dash today, actually I replaced all the dash lights with LEDs. If you’ve torn your dash apart as many times as I have lately this isn’t even a daunting task anymore.
93075A7E-5F4E-4A2F-A7FA-088C83B7327D.jpeg

While I had the kick panel off I went ahead and did the power without key to the windows mod as well as the jumper between the dome lights so they all come on no matter which door you open.

Window power without key on made EZ

Dome light operation

Also kudos to @LandCruiserPhil on the recommendation of the propane fire pit. :princess: approves!
6C3D5D0F-9A92-4381-8355-487EA317F41D.jpeg

:cheers:

What’s not to like? Don’t have to haul wood around, no smoke in your eyes, instant lighting, no trace left behind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom