Central Ohio Land Cruiser meetup (2 Viewers)

Do you like beer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are non-central Ohio enthusiasts welcome to attend future gatherings?

Are non-central Ohio enthusiasts welcome to attend future gatherings?

I'm sure anyone would be welcome. Not sure when the next one will be, so keep an eye on the thread. The more the better.

I'm sure anyone would be welcome. Not sure when the next one will be, so keep an eye on the thread. The more the better.
We should start working on it. I’ve been meaning to check the sites and start calling asking for availability, but the shop got me busy. I’ll get around it probably next week and I’ll make a post so we can vote on possible dates.

I think "Central" Ohio refers to the location of the meetup itself, not who's welcome there! ;)

Half the week I'm near you in Dayton, and the other half I'm in West Mansfield. And I can say I'm happy the meetups will take place where better food is available! :cookie:

What do we think about a post super bowl meet up?

Is a wintery trail ride of interest?

What do we think about a post super bowl meet up?

Is a wintery trail ride of interest?

Bummer, I'd be game but I'll be in Miami over the weekend.

I don't know when that is but I'm game. My only concern is my tires...they're fine for a snowy road but y'all would practically be towing me the whole time off road...

:doh::flush:

Having the right tires for the trail is wise. Myself, I'm running a set of half used up ATs. They're great in the snow and a little mud on hard pan that can give some bite, but useless in slick sloppy mud. I'm a little curious how they will do in deep snow.

Frozen earth might be low hanging trail fruit.

I'm pretty much set on some Duratracs when these wear out, but they came on my new-to-me GX in November and they've got a lot of life left in them, fortunately or unfortunately as it were... They're not snow tires per se, but they have a lot of siping and have been doing great with the past couple of 6" snowfalls we've had. That said, I've had a couple of encounters with mud and they may as well have been racing slicks...

CACF77D3-C0B8-4AD4-8479-B6B2012B93DD.jpeg
I'm pretty much set on some Duratracs when these wear out, but they came on my new-to-me GX in November and they've got a lot of life left in them, fortunately or unfortunately as it were... They're not snow tires per se, but they have a lot of siping and have been doing great with the past couple of 6" snowfalls we've had. That said, I've had a couple of encounters with mud and they may as well have been racing slicks...
I put a set of 315 duratracs on mine last year and have been super happy with them. They seem to be one of the few off-road tires with a decent winter rating.

Reactions: xlx
View attachment 1891576
I put a set of 315 duratracs on mine last year and have been super happy with them. They seem to be one of the few off-road tires with a decent winter rating.

I've considered doing a Winter set and Summer set, meaning I'd need to track down 5 more wheels...but if the Duratracs handle snow the way most here have said they do, that would likely be overkill. Have you towed any significant weight with them?

Sorry, guys...I realize I'm steering this thread way off course...

83A5E375-E9F6-46D4-8DC0-636033F666BE.jpeg
I've considered doing a Winter set and Summer set, meaning I'd need to track down 5 more wheels...but if the Duratracs handle snow the way most here have said they do, that would likely be overkill. Have you towed any significant weight with them?

Sorry, guys...I realize I'm steering this thread way off course...
You could say that...

I think a topic for the next meetup might be tires. (If we dont exhaust it here first.) I dont think there are too many threads on midwest land cruiser tires selection. (There needs to be)

There were a few ideas for a trail ride batted around. Would one of these be suitable for a, perhaps mild, romp in the wintery woods?

It has to be after super bowl for me. The weekend of the 16th or 23rd are good for me. Others?

The weekend of Feb 23 works better for me. We can meet for lunch or on the trail.
FYI, BFG KO2's are triple peak rated for snow. Cooper AT3 is also a good winter tire.

I’m free the 16th but not the 23rd.

Interested in getting in on the next meet up. Driving up for work from Louisiana. Have an FZJ80 40th Anniversary, and will be located around the Lima area. Looking to learn and recently brought to my attention is rust prevention. Have had my tank for about 6-8 months and have just about all the gremlins worked out, fingers crossed! I seek knowledge and have lots of questions. I prefer to do my own work on her but know my limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom