CAROLINA RELIC RUN 2023 OFFICIAL THREAD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's fair, I do intend to get it replaced. Hopefully can do so before the relic run.
For information - we will inspect your vehicles and pass/fail them. If we fail them it doesn't mean you have to leave the event - it just means we're not going to allow you to run the private trail system (Grand Overland) or be part of 'official' trail runs on public land. You can still be part of the relic car show, come to the event, and be part of all the other activities that you choose to participate in. Jon's point about it not passing a state inspection is a valid one too. Best not to give the cops a legitimate reason to pull you over and create a headache.

Safelight repair, Safelight replace.....

To meet inspection requirements, a fire extinguisher is required. Any recommendations on a vehicle fire extinguisher?

To meet inspection requirements, a fire extinguisher is required. Any recommendations on a vehicle fire extinguisher?

The element fire extinguishers have become popular lately. They're small, light, and meet the requirements of being an "ABC" extinguisher.

They sell different sizes. 50, 100, etc. Any work.

Amazon product ASIN B0BLTDLCRK

I would def recommend the element that Johny posted above. I have one in every one of my vehicles.

In talking with some friends who pm'd me after I recommended element, they might not work as well as the promo videos show. If you burn the hair off your arm trying to put a car fire out with an element and the fire doesn't go out, it's not worth much.

The 2.5# or larger ABC chemical style, or dry stile, extinguishers also pass the requirement. The gauge just needs to be in the green.

Fwiw, I carry both an element and a regular 5# ABC in moonshine at all times.

thanks for the info

I bought elements fir the fleet only to be informed as Johnny. 5 pounders abc are now standard issue.

I bought elements fir the fleet only to be informed as Johnny. 5 pounders abc are now standard issue.
I just bought another one a week ago, lol. It's new info for me too.

I'll still keep the elements since I have them already, but have backups also.

If I make it , will probably be just a day pass for me.

Can somebody stir the pot this year? I think the same guy won 3-4 times in a row last year
All depends how many tickets you buy. If that guy bought 150 tickets and you (or me) bought one or two, it's frustrating for sure.

The bucket is shook and generally kids pick the tickets. There is no favoritism.

I was the pres of a RC heli & plane club and we had the same situation with raffles at our events. It is fine to buy as many tickets as you like but it does give an advantage to those that are willing to/can afford to buy far more tickets. So we split the raffle and put some big, medium and small ticket items in a raffle that you can buy only one ticket. We did catch one guy paying kids to buy tickets for him.....

I am stating facts, not trying to get in a pi$$ing match with the following statement.

I have no animosity towards someone who buys a bunch of tickets and gets pulled repeatedly for fabulous prizes. I just buy less tickets now and accept the odds.

ONSC really has awesome prizes and it is so cool to see what comes down the pipeline. I am totally in with how things have gone.

All depends how many tickets you buy. If that guy bought 150 tickets and you (or me) bought one or two, it's frustrating for sure.

The bucket is shook and generally kids pick the tickets. There is no favoritism.

Never said there was but obviously the bucket needs a better stir....

Or....I'll just get that guy to buy my tickets this year lol.

In talking with some friends who pm'd me after I recommended element, they might not work as well as the promo videos show. If you burn the hair off your arm trying to put a car fire out with an element and the fire doesn't go out, it's not worth much.

The 2.5# or larger ABC chemical style, or dry stile, extinguishers also pass the requirement. The gauge just needs to be in the green.

Fwiw, I carry both an element and a regular 5# ABC in moonshine at all times.
That's certainly an interesting point about the Element. I wonder if a pair of welding gloves or a broomstick style extension could be made for it.

I only had a 2.5lb ABC and didn't have the element when I came across this at Fort Fisher. The folks nearby had already dumped one 2.5lb into it.
fPTALNC-cTs0elIthaDwdPvsg7yenbt8J6WlyYcZYXzg6dGIHR5ZWOtQ4x2PoRaaETx0WvcbZC6NTZQhLucp9H2qoo2i5xEOYA3eGkD0fzrWSAApuL10J_lIBT3yYwknl84hbNGmMDI9cJW4CEdwDzSjddOktrR9xlT71QZypxOTuHP4Q_CRUcFqx34AcN9Ms2pm5UweDXIzjVHeSJNvD66verCci5glu5tRDyw7sGYzYyMzo1yohXLLCDonVAjj24b6avwm9y0WiSvXtldvspxmtVRWcu4etkN76GM8_Abo9hi24jrzNftMKRRZpnipUoNjNKbEhlCvN3GFbMdJJXCdrVvAcxW-O5MAPi6NdY11tPU9d2MOYEFtMZL80_jVieoI-i-fmm1RIa_NrRfak5m2NbiYwrFmXhTo2Smo1EktY9zHStk_QZkTmdo6TCADF6dAXdW7gq3R-PI5HG8q0QNVCcKzrvWyUkaWAs5aLTwasHsfoPqMkji5Yz2mkJ8nDUEIsndEa6ZARrnWT4Qq79muw3gJfii6g9GAivU5fgEw2t6Ju0yp-Ajd0JqocL16vC3FqzQn6Oie3cw6Fo4AfjGF6Vv5qkMmCEgJQsle0DaYD7KepbeCvonsCDuRbiFeO0C_EqEXz-ltIIm2TI3sEvSbZVgLgDTfvUaZKZ0GFOFseyew1sgjogVwgUzh5G7RPAs2fKPLf8Jwcl1vpl-ytiKazXa0upFWoCgfgezPQ0wFVmkEJuNCZpfMYe-kWeDUOY77_srHjCcmmZ6AXhEaXk7t961DkaJ-6Xr_krNyRCqX3wa_pmk8SjOKhJ54Mlug4sMTqaMXoGA3vIGteU_0OLwoHGlGGnd8qd2ZbSkQZrsQGrxV7nMBk_ucJr_GlSBztcYHT9FJUO9uwkvXRUs_QZtn7HwWwoL5YNOMoO2bl0qSzR467Q=w1380-h672-no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom