Camping Equipment for Our Trucks (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just use caution on selecting size of hole lol

You dont recall that chair from the whee? Andy brought it up at camp for a good laugh.

Guess it was BillWright that borrowed it most lol had a great pic of him at sugar creek heading to the woods with chair in one hand, Shovel in the other and a smile on his face.

Porta Potty suggestions?

I know, I know - you're crapping in a bucket, so what's the difference? The answer is, I don't know what I don't know - I generally don't crap in buckets.
When I get to the house tonight I shoot you a pic of the one we have. Works pretty well. I think I saw that chair Jason posted with the hole in it at the Barn after the chili cook off. lol

Man I've been doing it all wrong. The chair is an awesome idea. Maybe a chair and a bucket. I could see me have the coco splatters on the chair legs.

trailer-9.png

Well, I knew it would happen. I setup the Chinese foxwing by myself this weekend as a test to see if one person could do it and if so how quickly. As I unfolded it, I bent the aluminum frame when I let the ribs sag too far. I am going to unbolt the hinge and add some steel reinforcements to the channel. 14 gauge aluminum certainly wasn't up to the task. I might modify the frame and buy a longer SS bolt to tie into the bottom of the frame for additional support.

View attachment 1407116

View attachment 1407117
check out this vid of setup. maybe his technique can be used. seems to have similar hinge to ours:

The hinge the Drifta awning uses is similar to ours. I am going to try to reinforce what I have before I replace the hinge.

That's awesome. I've been somewhat frustrated with the Agnes Big House we got a couple years ago. It's got plenty of space and we can easily walk around in it which was the #1 reason for buying it. But it has an overly complicated pole system and the side panels never seem to get taut the way it was designed/pictured. The rain fly is positioned right over the doorway so if you have to open it in a storm you lead water right into the tent - thus we had to get the vestibule.

Good find @Izzyandsue and so very true. We have air mattresses from Cabelas that need to have every last cubing inch of air rolled out before they have a chance at all of fitting in the bags. Pisses me off every time I roll them up. But they sure are comfy when in use.

Typical conversation in a consumer product company, I lived this many times in my 30+ years as an engineer:

Engineer (E): Now that the product is done, we need proper packaging for the life of the product
Supply Chain Fooker (SCF): Yeah, how big would that be and how much?
E: Should be 20% larger to allow for real world usage and made of stronger material than the product to sustain it. We have this prototype for $4, which in a $500 product pricing is nothing and people will rave about it, free advertising
SCF: sounds great, send us the drawing and specs and we will take it from here
E: Thank you, drawings and material specs in your inbox, can't wait to see it on the market
SCF to their boss: we have a 5% reduction target from our incompetent management to hit before we get our bonuses, lets find a cheaper fabric material and source it competitively in a reverse auction
SCF boss: sounds great, fook the engineers, this is our money we are talking about
SCF to their boss: We got this cheap ass material from China, and the vendor made a prototype to further reduce costs, and is 25% smaller. Cost is $0.79, we will get huge bonuses for that cost reduction. Looks good and people expect the bags to be sheet anyway.

Many months later:
Engineer in consumer store looking at product: suuuns of beetches......SCF strikes again.....

I have a sleeping bag that's got straps on the outside of the bag (which is somewhat oversized). This gives you the ability to stuff it in, close the bag, then cinch it up with the straps if you need it to be compacted.

Works well.

We have never had a problem packing up our REI Kingdom 6 tent back into its original bag. There loads of storage. However the footprint came with its own bag and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how it could ever be folded and fit back in the bag. Almost 1/3 of the footprint sticks out of the bag and it was hard to get 2/3rd's of it into the bag.

We have never had a problem packing up our REI Kingdom 6 tent back into its original bag. There loads of storage. However the footprint came with its own bag and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how it could ever be folded and fit back in the bag. Almost 1/3 of the footprint sticks out of the bag and it was hard to get 2/3rd's of it into the bag.
It CAN be done. At least with the footprint for the 8.

Has anyone run solar panels? I was thinking after the M&G this weekend a small solar panel and charge controller would be nice to sit on the roof and charge my battery throughout the day. I was just running the fridge this weekend, but when you are parked for a few days in warmer weather, it would help keep everything running for your needs at night while camping.

Currently my needs haven't exceeded more than what my 800watt inverter provides off my deep cycle.

I was thinking maybe a 15 or 30watt to help trickle charge. A charge controller and a small panel is pretty inexpensive when considering the insurance it would provide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom