Calling all you Diagnostic Gurus | SOLVED Stumbling on hard acceleration THANKS EVERYONE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In case anyone is wondering what oscilloscope I’m using it’s a home made bit that I put together when I did my custom gauges.

It may not be pretty but for under $15 it gets the job done. And it’s super easy to upload data logs to the interwebs.
View attachment 2526933
View attachment 2526934
Remember, Toyota grounds the injector to fire. That would indicate a short (having an extra fire) rather than an ECU problem. I would look at the harness as well.

Remember, Toyota grounds the injector to fire. That would indicate a short (having an extra fire) rather than an ECU problem. I would look at the harness as well.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Well the sheathing on the harness wasn't in good condition when I got to it...
62986495472__1C490B44-C5D4-4C49-911E-6C9B31C0DB4F.jpeg

I'm doing the quick fix until I can get a replacement harness.
IMG_4050.JPEG

Temporary injector harness built!

also all injectors ohm’d at 13.6 +/- .1 or .2. Spec is 12-16 ohms
47141FC3-1561-4A53-B994-A0F3DEE545D6.jpeg

HESITATION IS GONE!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY, and it feels like it's got much better power.

Going to be in the market for a replacement main engine harness now.

My wife got an action shot of me zip tying the temp harness out of the way of the throttle stop. Blessed to have Found a good lady that puts up with my grease stains and long hours in the garage.

7D50E146-9A2F-4B88-98D1-11F1BD88347C.jpeg

Big thanks to everyone who helped durring this process.
@jonheld
@White Stripe
@blkprj80
@Rusty Marlin
@BILT4ME
@Cruiser Vic

and everyone else, thanks dudes!

Last edited:
I am so glad you found this nagging problem. :)
Well done!

HESITATION IS GONE!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY, and it feels like it's got much better power.

Going to be in the market for a replacement main engine harness now.
You are more than capable of fixing that harness. More than likely it's just around the EGR pipe. Usually just separating the wires and re taping them.
Unless it's really bad everywhere else.

It’s been said that the 93-94 engine harness is NLA brand new.

You are more than capable of fixing that harness. More than likely it's just around the EGR pipe. Usually just separating the wires and re taping them.
Unless it's really bad everywhere else.
I'm aware, check my build thread for all the electrical work I've already done on this thing. When it comes to permanent repairs I don't half-ass them, so in this case, I'd pull the whole harness off the vehicle, strip it down find the issue, repair it, likely replace many of the connectors, sheath then reinstall it. So if I'm going to do that then I'd rather get another replacement harness from a donor vehicle, since they are NLA new, to refresh on the bench before ripping into the rig. That way I minimize my downtime and have spares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom