Calling all SAS'd 100s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, my name is Wes, owner of SHW Off-road. I am currently SASing my LX470. I am planning on having a booth at Cruise Moab next spring and would like to get as many SAS'd 100's together for a trail ride as possible. If you have a SAS'd 100 post a pic below, even if you aren't able to make it, but if you are interested in going let me know and I will try and get some things in the works for this.

105's WELCOM TOO!!!

281360094_723365602320638_8905954104472212761_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, you got your truck done or it's just rolling? Either way, it looks great!

That’s a trussed front diff housing, nice! I assume 4-link with coilovers on all corners?

Just want to bring the post back to life if possible. Trying to locate all of the SAS'd 100s. I currently know of 9 and have contact with 5 of them. The four I don't have contact with are three that Slee has done, and one that was shown on a youtube channel called "Shoulda been Offroad". I am sure there are more, just trying to locate as many as possible!

Just want to bring the post back to life if possible. Trying to locate all of the SAS'd 100s. I currently know of 9 and have contact with 5 of them. The four I don't have contact with are three that Slee has done, and one that was shown on a youtube channel called "Shoulda been Offroad". I am sure there are more, just trying to locate as many as possible!
@tornadoalleycruiser bought the Trail Tailor SAS test mule. He's been trying to get it sorted out since he bought it.

That's me. We suck at filming.

Badlands 01.jpeg

:cheers:

so.. Moab you say? That's usually April ish? I can prob do that.. I am at a point in my life that wheeling and hanging out with friends is more important than work.. Might even put these parts back before the trip.. She works well, kept up with the locked 80's in 3wd.. Still a few things to sort but yeah.. i can prob bring it out..

20221001_171846.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming you know of mine, I have a small online presence so I wouldn't think you know. But I'm trying to make it to cruise moab as well, after I blew my 8" r&p and bent my trussed 80 housing, have a Diamond housing on the way, +4" width with 9.5 third to fix those problems, but have some steering issues as well. Just hope I have time to get it done by April.

20220804_111352.jpg

Assuming you know of mine, I have a small online presence so I wouldn't think you know. But I'm trying to make it to cruise moab as well, after I blew my 8" r&p and bent my trussed 80 housing, have a Diamond housing on the way, +4" width with 9.5 third to fix those problems, but have some steering issues as well. Just hope I have time to get it done by April.

View attachment 3202614
Trevor Pepperdine, correct? If so, you're on my list, we've talked on facebook before.

so.. Moab you say? That's usually April ish? I can prob do that.. I am at a point in my life that wheeling and hanging out with friends is more important than work.. Might even put these parts back before the trip.. She works well, kept up with the locked 80's in 3wd.. Still a few things to sort but yeah.. i can prob bring it out..

View attachment 3202591
I believe it is the weekend of April 21-23. I am going to have a booth there. I hope you can make it. I will also add you to my list of SAS'd 100 owners!

That's me. We suck at filming.

View attachment 3202576

:cheers:
awesome, glad I found you. One of your videos popped up and the first thing is the LX driving towards the camera, I looked at it and had to do a double take as it looked just like mine!

Here is mine as it sit right now. For scale, that is a 32" log. No where near max flex. I am buttoning up some small things hoping to take it on it's first trail ride in a few weeks.
321771351_687199396286193_6363847579898716748_n.jpg

322149659_2959059844238851_2685007360694250320_n.jpg

321995253_861944781684735_3151652493852419817_n.jpg

@tornadoalleycruiser bought the Trail Tailor SAS test mule. He's been trying to get it sorted out since he bought it.
those kits are funny... all that money to have radius arms... if you're going through all that trouble and expense, should be linked ....

those kits are funny... all that money to have radius arms... if you're going through all that trouble and expense, should be linked ....
I went with radius arms/80 suspension for predictability. I agree that the 3-link is superior off road, but I wanted predictable road manners. Mine drives exactly like an 80. That being said, I would NOT recommend the TT kit. Over priced, missing important components, lacking decent instructions, terrible customer service, and a lot of cut corners. If I could do it over, I would have done radius arms with coil-overs. I probably could have gotten most of what I needed at Barnes for a fraction of the cost. I feel like with 3-link, you really need to know what you're doing to get the geometry right. There are plenty people a lot smarter and capable than me; I'll leave the 3-links to them. For my purposes, the radius arms accomplish what I wanted.

I have one. Not sure if I will make cruise Moab, may be on a different trip at that time

I went with radius arms/80 suspension for predictability. I agree that the 3-link is superior off road, but I wanted predictable road manners. Mine drives exactly like an 80. That being said, I would NOT recommend the TT kit. Over priced, missing important components, lacking decent instructions, terrible customer service, and a lot of cut corners. If I could do it over, I would have done radius arms with coil-overs. I probably could have gotten most of what I needed at Barnes for a fraction of the cost. I feel like with 3-link, you really need to know what you're doing to get the geometry right. There are plenty people a lot smarter and capable than me; I'll leave the 3-links to them. For my purposes, the radius arms accomplish what I wanted.

For the record, my comment was more so digging at TT than anyone who went the radius arm route. Not poking at you whatsoever.

I got blocked from all of his stuff because I made a critical comment about a part I got from him. Terrible customer service, backyard mechanic charging premium engineering money.

For the record, my comment was more so digging at TT than anyone who went the radius arm route. Not poking at you whatsoever.

I got blocked from all of his stuff because I made a critical comment about a part I got from him. Terrible customer service, backyard mechanic charging premium engineering money.
I didn't take it as a poke whatsoever. You are absolutely correct about the TT kit... My buddy got blocked by him for the exact same reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom