Buying/Selling/Trading thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone want 80 series running boards - free for local pick up

Also an 80 series Weathertech tan cargo mat - $75

Mat.jpg

Mat1.jpg

Hello everyone. I’m debating on selling my 1978 FJ40. I’ve seen prices all over the place from 10k to 70k. I realize there are many contributing factors, but if anyone is close to Tallahassee and wouldn’t mind meeting up somewhere to help give me and idea of what I have that would be appreciated. Lunch or drinks would be on me, of course

8B2BDB6E-ABFD-46D6-B2B1-3D1BCA7AA064.jpeg

74B601BC-0037-402A-B71F-7CF32BB759B6.jpeg

Hello everyone. I’m debating on selling my 1978 FJ40. I’ve seen prices all over the place from 10k to 70k. I realize there are many contributing factors, but if anyone is close to Tallahassee and wouldn’t mind meeting up somewhere to help give me and idea of what I have that would be appreciated. Lunch or drinks would be on me, of course

View attachment 2832670

View attachment 2832671
I’m not very away, and could be very interested in it based on asking price so may not want my opinion😇

Do you have a hard top and doors? 2f and 4speed? What kind of body work before the paint work? How’s the floor and frame look?

-Chris

I’m not very away, and could be very interested in it based on asking price so may not want my opinion😇

Do you have a hard top and doors? 2f and 4speed? What kind of body work before the paint work? How’s the floor and frame look?

-Chris
Yeah that would be awesome man. I have doors and all hard top windows minus hard top. Haha. Hurricane Michael blew it to Mexico. Yes and yes. I’m not sure about body work. There’s minor surface rust in a few places, but nothing major at all

Yeah that would be awesome man. I have doors and all hard top windows minus hard top. Haha. Hurricane Michael blew it to Mexico. Yes and yes. I’m not sure about body work. There’s minor surface rust in a few places, but nothing major at all
Share as many pics as you can. Underneath, rear sill area, etc. I was curious about body work because it looks like pretty new paint. On the bib it looks like a older year with the running lights filled in or patches over. That, or pic is funky.

Looks like a spring over? How’s it drive? Know what gears are in the axles?

What ya selling for?

Anyone want this rear gate for a FJ40? Designed to be bolted solid. Has cutouts for trailer lights. It was on @sputnik0 legendary Fj40 for about a decade before I inherited it. I will take a 6-pack of Busch light for it

No photo description available.

261539603_491358292203183_4676219127235703052_n.jpg

Still have these OEM 16” split rims i would like gone. Tire are even kinda decent. $200?

F1824BDF-C337-46AD-ACAC-D08E30287A22.jpeg

Hi all, considering selling my 1966 FJ40 that I bought 2 years ago as a half done project. I bought from the PO's estate. He had already restored the frame, put in a circa 1975 2F engine and 4 speed transmission. I did a 4 wheel disc brake conversion, new wheels and tires, sourced front and rear doors and some other fab. It was running but had a coolant leak and the brakes needed some more bleeding and a few loose ends when I put it in the garage assuming I would work on it the next weekend. Well, after a new job, a new boat and a year long investment property rehab I have lost the interest in the FJ project. Someone who knows fj40s and mechanically inclined could probably have it running in a weekend. I am looking to get $12K which is what I have in it so I can make room for a new golf cart. If anyone is seriously interested, please DM me and I am happy to provide details, pics and jump on a call. I live in the Clearwater Beach area.

2008 GX Rims. How much? A good bottle of Bourbon... We upgraded rims and tires. These are chrome. I can post or send pics to whomever is interested. No room on the bus. We will be somewhat near Tampa in Jan, Auborndale i think.... Hit me on my cell if you want them. 715-410-Zero-614

need a FJ40 bib hinge. Don't care which style early/late. I got lots of good stuff to trade. :)
I also could use a early style radiator support.

need a FJ40 bib hinge. Don't care which style early/late. I got lots of good stuff to trade. :)
I also could use a early style radiator support.
I have a bib hinge. I responded on Facebook. Will get you a picture.

long shot but looking to buy a Dana 300 t-case

Rear sway bar brackets for a FJ60-62. I'm looking for the pieces that bolt to the frame. 48825-60031. Need both of them. If you removed the rear bar, the brackets might still be there!

Rear sway bar brackets for a FJ60-62. I'm looking for the pieces that bolt to the frame. 48825-60031. Need both of them. If you removed the rear bar, the brackets might still be there!

This sounds like another good part for me to reproduce.

Hey guys, got a 40 here I am selling for a customer. We were going to do a build on it but it is way rougher then we initially realized.

Its a 76, (Dec 75).
First off, the good. It does run and drive, steer and stop, it does have power steering, everything does seem to work, wipers, lights, gauges, etc. Factory front discs. Amazingly the dash only has 1-2 unoriginal holes drilled in it.

It has a SBC (not sure if 350/305, I can try to get a read on the block number this week), th350 auto, single piece case. Front driveshaft appears to be fence post. Has a nice Lokar shifter but needs to be adjusted. New Champion radiator. Motor and transmission crossmember mount setup needs to be re done.

Suspension is mystery 3” springs, shackles that are way too long and shocks that are way too stiff. 2” body lift. It rides unbearably rough.
It does have a saginaw powersteering conversion but the column setup needs to be completely re-done.

The entire tub is fabricated from scratch. Its bad. This is not a restoration candidate. this is a good one to to put some stock springs SOA and flipped, lighter shocks throw some 38” TSL’s on, cut the 1/4’s, get rid of the body lift, cage it and go wheel at GSMTR without care and have a great time.

It has power seats that actually work!

No idea if the winch works. :)

Asking $4500, the pictured hardtop/doors and OEM roll bar are not included. Neither are the giant shackles, ok maybe one of them. :)

AE53E990-A16B-494A-9F62-DEEF23C7A123.jpeg

B1F934CD-C2DD-4E0C-B8FE-A5EE7FD0F63F.jpeg

8F1E207B-3612-4C08-A1DC-0A762F3CC11B.jpeg

9077BEB5-8208-4A13-8DE8-4FC6220735A2.jpeg

EFA70A42-46D7-4DCA-BF3A-DB852990D363.jpeg

80 Series For Sale -- Located in Miami, Florida

This triple locked, manual transmission 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ81 is a Japanese-market example that was imported into the US in 2021. The truck is finished in Toyota green over a matching cloth interior and is powered by a 4.2L 24-valve turbodiesel inline-six paired with a 5-speed manual transmission, a dual-range transfer case, and locking front, center, and rear differentials. Additional equipment includes a Toyota swing-out spare tire carrier, a Jaos aluminum front bumper, and aluminum JDM OEM Toyota side steps.

The JDM phone dial wheels have been have been refinished to gun metal gray and are wrapped in LT315/75R16 Nanking Conqueror A/T tires. The rig has a 2 inch lift and had a complete front knuckle rebuild using Japanese bearings and seals.

The cabin features cloth seats along with a matching dashboard and door panels. Additional amenities include automatic climate control, a ceiling-mounted altimeter and compass, adjustable side bolsters, and power lumbar support. Additional cabin modifications include an Kenwood head unit.

In preparation for sale the entire car was repainted in its original color (due to sun fading), oil was changed, and a new oil filter & air filter was installed. New fender turns signals were installed. New turbo stickers were affixed.

This HDJ81 shows 138,352 miles and is offered with import documents and a clean Florida title.

$39,000.00

email me @ katrina@uncommonmotorcars.com if you're interested, have any questions or would like to see more pictures.
08_GREY1961.jpg

95-97 80 series parts located in Brunswick, Ga.

Transmission and transfer case.. $300
Front and rear driveshaft.. $100
Heater box assembly with good core.. $200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom