Builds Build up: Rusty Mustard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Isotel,

Got any pictures dead square (perpendicular) to the rear tire? I want to check out where you cut your fenders and how well your tire centers.

Thanks,

awp

thanks for the comments guys!.. Yea School and The Cruiser took up alot of my time!!
i dont know what to do with myself! i guess ill need to get one of those Fulltime Job things..

Ill get some more photos soon.. The Truck is Blowin Codes and Cheack engine lights, also it wont even run after it gets warmed up and drivin around, so i got some issues to work out!

Hey don't know what you have to check codes or engine lights but I just bought this and it showed up today...got it from tradervar. com for 99 bucks shipped...
xmas 2005 003.jpg

Sweet!, i need to invest in somthing like that!

My Buddy has a OTC Genisis Badass scanner, we did some diagosis today on it.. Its Setting off a VSS Code (Somthing must not be hooked up right), and when the Truck warms up My Volvo pump is Craping out (again) down to 0PSI at full throttle..
I hav no luck with TBI Fuel pumps, i guess im just going to spend the cash and get a good one!

I am Having a local Driveshaft shop put together the First section of my 2 piece.. that should be ready soon, i will put a Square section to the diff, my old one seemed to work out good!

Today i installed a Minitruck Boster! EZ as Pie to put in,( Less than an hour) takes up less room, and works Great!

Last edited:
I was pretty exicted when I found this deal and then got worreed about wether or not I had been taken but it all worked out fine and now I am all set to check out my check engine lights...

as long as the mounts are rigid it really does not matter when in relation to the axle they are mounted.

It is the single bar with a single mounting point on the axle as opposed to a ladder style mount that causes issues..

Still have not built a Wrap bar, but thus far im not getting alot of wrap from these springs..

Any Oppinions on this design?? http://www.jeepaholics.com/tech/bambar/

I dont have alot of room back their, and im going to need to rework my exhaust to make a cross-member

2-Piece Driveshaft tech

Ok now for some long overdue Front Driveshaft info..

I would have loved to Send Jessie at High Angle $500+ and have him build me a badass shaft, but i just couldint come up with the cash, so i decided to improvize a little and am happy as could be with the results..

I Found Front Section of a Rear driveshaft from a Extra Long wheelbase Toyota Minitruck, These trucks came from the factory with a 2 piece rear Shaft with a Rubber Carrier Bearing (Typicly the rubber wears out and people switch it out to a 1 piece shaft) ($70 at a Junkyard - I got Riped off, maybe you can find one cheeper(

Then after some research on Pirate i found that the Formula Toy Guys are using a 1 1/2" Pillow Block Bearing that fits perfect for replacing the carrier Bearing.. ( $15 a pop on e-bay, i got a second one incase this one fails)

I had my Local Driveshaft Shop Machine the 2-piece toy section down and he used a 2 1/4" Tube to connect it to a 1310 u-joint, This section is about 19" long and just Squeaks past the Crossmember, and Tranny Pan. (Cost - $100)
Pillow Block.JPG
Tube.JPG
Pillow Mount.JPG

For the Front Slip Section i Went back with the old Square Shaft Section.. The U-joint side of the Junkyard Minitruck 2-piece was used at the top, and a Cruiser U-joint at the bottom..

I also drilled the flange for a minitruck CV pattern, i may eventualy replace it with a CV, and a Ballanced Slip yoke.. Trail-gear should have a kit out soon for about $100 for a 12" Slip..

So Far so good, i did some camping this weekend and minor wheeling, it works Great!

So ive got about $200 + some Time and gas..

A Flat Belly --- Priceless :grinpimp:
flat belly.JPG
Square Section.JPG

Last edited:
The Raisin and spitwad of homegrown both use a similar wrap bar to the bam bar utilizing an old fj80 radius arm. They seem to work well, doesn’t look like there springs wrap but they do get a little hoping when they hammer down on really steep nasty stuff, not to say that the bar is necessarily the cause. Get a cage in that thing! Wheeling season is now!

isotel said:
thx man, yea those Taurus fans fit like Gloves..

Proportioning valve is done, Just to Confirm w/ the experts, I took out the Small Black piece in the photo and replaced with the Proportioining, This is all i need to do? or do i need to tear apart the Master Cyl? 76 MC by the way

Behind The Mast Cylinder Of The Brake... The Brake Booster I Belive*.... You Can Swap It Out With A Mini Booster, Give You Some More Room And Power, From What I Have Seen.....

And The Tractionbars/ Anti Wrap Bars.... Very Easy To Do, Go To Your Local Farm Suply Store And Pickup To Link Arm Bars ( Two Threaded Hiems, Threaded Into A Pipe) Somyhing Like What Skys Sells.... The Weld A Bracket On The Bottom Of Your Frame, And One 90 Degrees Pointing To The Bottom Of The Axle..... Why Not Top? Top Is For Reverse, Its All About The Movemnt Of The Axle..... By The Way You Will Need Two Arms For This Job.....

Always love a flat belly! Darn good lookin' rig there!

its comming along, Thanks Jeff,

Thanks for Reviving the Dead thread, Im cleaning up my garage so i can get the Cruiser back into it and do some more work on it!

Plans for the near future-
Fixing my Rear Crossmember, (cracking right under the tranny mount)
Wrap Bar
Cage
Skid plate
Front Locker/Longs
New PS Box 4 turns Taped for Hydro
new Steering U-joints w/ Slip Shaft
Tube fenders
Sliders
Body Work
Paint
fixing some small leaks
Engine is still Blowing a VSS Code !!

Last edited:
An update

This weekend i got some work done on the truck..

ManJerk came over and i pulled the Crossmember, I had to do some reinforcement as it was starting to crack right under the center mount. The driveshaft was grinding on the crossmember, so i also notched out a section for that

After that Manjerk, me and some freinds went down to JT Customs in Fountain to watch the Primer of the Newest Muchado Productions Movie "All my Dirty Freinds 2"
http://www.muchadoproductions.com/index.html - Pretty sweet movie with nice footage from the XRRA Events, The hammers, Moab, Kansas, ect..
new crossmember.jpg
new crossmember2.jpg

I got mine from some bronco guy on ebay...like 20 bucks or so...might try that

i got the twin stick boot from Mad 4WD it came with my Twin Stick!

Not the best quality, i think its already ripped :frown:

A bit of an update,

I spent 3 nights working on the truck to get ready for a Snow run with Colorado Land Cruisers.. Fixed a bunch of little things, Like my Headlights :idea:, and Put in a CD player and got my XM working again :D So nice to have Music in the truck again! Then the POS would not start, so i didint get to go.

I am getting some 27 spline longs from a fellow Mud Member "joefj" Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom