Builds Build up: Rusty Mustard (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thx man, yea those Taurus fans fit like Gloves..

Proportioning valve is done, Just to Confirm w/ the experts, I took out the Small Black piece in the photo and replaced with the Proportioining, This is all i need to do? or do i need to tear apart the Master Cyl? 76 MC by the way
prop vlave.jpg

Last edited:
Your proportioning valve looks to be set up properly.

How much snow do you see? I honestly never have a problem with the rear locking up unless it's on snow. I tend to do a quick brake adjustment in the spring and fall to let more fluid back there in the summer.

cool, I will drive it in the snow a bit, only when the DOT Shuts down the city, and i go recoving stuck jeeps ;) but mostly just snow runs in the mountains.. not around town.. Thx for the input.

Tarus fan Wiring

After reading every thing i could on the net i came up with my own design for wiring up the Taurus Fan.. Termostat From Summit, Treaded type in the head. Relays are 40 amp Bosch..

I found a Nifty 3 relay holder at the junkyard in a Lincon.
my first atempt at a wiring diagram :cool:
relays.jpg
fandiagram.jpg

LOL, yea little by little i just keep knocking things off the list.. alot of little stuff now!

Found some Treasures at the junkyard.. Driveshafts, ect.. looks like a minitruck IFS Shaft is the perfect length for my rear Shaft..

Thanks woody for figuring that out Saves me $100.. $400 more and i got a front Shaft! lol

Looks Good

I so wish I would have built motor mounts like those. I hate the AA rubber bushing mounts.

Everything looks good.

J.R.

Cool post! Keep'em comin.

The Taurus fan will definatly do the trick, but be cautious of paralleling 2 Bosche relays or any relay for that matter. There will always be a weaker one and it will draw more load than the other eventually killing both of them on such a heavy load. I found that using a thermostat switch allows a lot of temperature fluctuation and causes the fans to turn off and on to often. If you run the low side to ign and the high side to the temp switch it will keep the temps more constant. I have done this mod many times both ways and the low speed on Ign works the best for me. Also, the startup amp draw is really high even on low speed. If you are going to use a normal realy system, look at the 70A Bosche relay. These will work on low and high and will live for a long time.
My .02 for what its worth
Gary

Cool, thanks for the info on the relay setup.. It seems everyone has their own expireinces with these suckers, lots of different oppinions out their. after watching your build i respect the hell out of yours :) I will carry spares for now, and change up the setup as needed..

i am just dealing with tying up the loose ends.. Lots of little stuff to do all taking multiple trips to the store, ect.. Its amazing how much little bolts, gaskets, fluids etc can add up..

3rd member issues

My old 3rd was welded using woodys method
It didint hold up :frown: .. Welds where cracked at every location, and im glad it didint come apart on my last wheelin trip..

I Figured i could use an Fzj80 Rear Gear set to go Fine Spline, :eek: nope Denied..

overall an unsuccesfull weekend..

Ramshorn manifolds hooked up to the infamous Walker Y-pipe.. Sounds good, but i still need the rest

Finaly Scored a 3rd member thanks to Uncle Ben!! Fine Spline Pinnion.. Flange is from Trail-Gear.com

Pricy Parts from High Angle Driveline :D 32 spline Toyota Flange
Ramshorn.JPG
3rd Member.JPG
HIangleflange.JPG

isotel said:
After reading every thing i could on the net i came up with my own design for wiring up the Taurus Fan.. Termostat From Summit, Treaded type in the head. Relays are 40 amp Bosch..

I found a Nifty 3 relay holder at the junkyard in a Lincon.
my first atempt at a wiring diagram :cool:

Sorry for the hijack but what program did you use for that wiring diagram? I've got to draw some diagrams up for work and I can't seem to find any programs that are any good.

BTW, cool build up, been watching it with interest. I like what you have done so far.

Not a total purist, but living in my part of the world its hard to see a clean cruiser get chopped up.

In saying that, your build is coming along nicely.

Rob

isotel said:
Making some room for the added 5" of wheelbase.. :)

My new Dog, "FJ" :grinpimp: he is a BullMastif

i figured i would piss off some Purist's :flipoff2: i can ebay the section i cut off if you guys want :beer:

i try not to let the photos of the passenger side reach the net ;)

Finaly Got the last Piece to the PIE.. a VSS from Jags that Run..
Jeep thread on one side, Toyota on the other :idea: and a Pulse generator to run my GM tbi computer..
This was a custom part, Dont expect it quick, but they where happy to make it for me!
Rear sill.JPG
Passenger side tub.JPG
VSS.JPG

Hey stupid question but an directions to the VSS??? Got the same one and was wondering if I wired it up right...Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom