Builds Build? 1988 62 daily driver over improvements... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is some trick work there TT, I can tell a lot of time has gone in to the R&D, design and CAD work ups for that complete system. Beautiful stuff mate!
KMonty, you must be one happy camper! And how clean was the rear of your rig when you did the Dynamat, it looked like it just rolled off the assembly line 👍🏻

@Willard still looking for that rear bumper? This one is for sale ;) pm if your interested or it goes into the classifieds.
1582575886214.png

Well here are some pics of the bumpers, (so loving the front) installed and in some natural sunlight. My pick of the PMS 431C Grey texture is too light! I wanted something other than black for this refresh. Oh well I will live with it for a bit until I get the wheels I want and then paint the wheels and the bumpers the new color/shade. Also looking forward to seeing the rear lights in action!

IMG_20200229_122755809_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200229_122806663_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200229_122819958_HDR.jpg

Well today was an amazing day! I had a hard time sleeping last night in anticipation of driving to Redding @TRAIL TAILOR to pick up my 62. Pick my 2 sons up at 5:15 and started our 3 1/2 hour drive north. They were just as excited as I was, had to be to get up at 5:am...right!? 4 hours later driving through a little rain and windy conditions we arrived. Myself, Jason and my boys, and my dog, all went for our first drive. We drove the block by Jason's shop which has these large like slow down bumps, not the parking lot type. So Jason says "you can go as fast as you want but I hit it at 48 mph" so you know I had to hit it faster than 48! I was expecting it to jump but it sucked it up like a long hill. I felt the up and down but no "BUMP". It was an oxymoron, in a FJ62, you cant call them bumps anymore, maybe lumps now. So we dropped Jason off and we went to get some gas, I drove back over the "LUMPS" on the way back the opposite direction caring the speed same result. Super impressed. My boys spIit most of the drive home while I drove the 100. I did drive the last 7 miles home which for me was the best part of the drive. My road home is very winding/curvy, the boys couldn't keep up. Needless to say I'm impressed! The 100 I have been driving a lot, but have always liked my 62 better, pretty fair to say the 100 is going to be sitting for a bit. The only thing the 100 has over it is the heated seats and that's an easier fix!

@DougRFJ62 you are in for a treat!!

Looking forward to hearing how the rear coils go, maybe 50+ MPH over the bumps???!!!

Jason also makes a mean pulled pork taco!! Great eats thank you!

Thanks J and AJ!!

Special thanks to Andrea for letting Jason remain happily retired, again!!

See you soon!

IMG_3809.jpeg

IMG_3813.jpeg

IMG_3810.jpeg

IMG_3812.jpeg

IMG_3817.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom