Builds Broski's Adventure Rig build thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Threads
1579012743282.png
The day I brought her home. Completely stock with Lockers, Mommy and me mall crawler.
Nov. 2015 Scored it for $ 3300.00View attachment 2182618View attachment 2182618

GW nugget kept bugging me to a build thread. So her we go. I will do my best to piece it together.

When I went to look at I could see it had a new radiator. I was new to the 80 world and did not know about infamous head gasket issue, But have bought many used car and usually shy away from anything with a new radiator.
The seller assured me it had not overheated and that he was a honest Family man.
Will we all know what happened, I did not make it 50 miles before I knew something was up, YEP blown head gasket.
Friends and family said I was wasting my time but I contacted the seller anyway, Honest he was He give $ 750.00 back towards a head gasket repair. I thourgh that was more then fair.
1579014247676.png

So off to Shoppy it went for the repair. Nice job Shoppy Thanks

Next up was the fun stuff, I wanted a trail reg to wheeling with my Buddy's who run 2nd gen pickups & 1st gen 4runners. so I wanted to make it as light as possible.
So I started stripping out as much as possible.

Last edited:
1579017412918.png
1579017042086.png

Started to Fab up a rear Bumper, cut out the rear cross member removed the spare tire mount & used the factory mounting points.

Last edited:
Was very happy with the way it turn out
1579017528918.png

Up next were Rock sliders
1579017929677.png

These are one off molded in not attached to the frame. Again very happy with the way they came out.
They are welded to the rockers only and have held up well

1579018413929.png
1579018430558.png

Pictures of how they are welded to the rockers underneath

1579019980811.png
Someware in there I bought a set of 35" Creepy Crawlers off a Mud member that came off Fred Williams cheap truck challenge 80 in Petersen's 4wheel & off road.
This is the only pic I can find of them, One of my first wheeling trips in the 80 Johnson Valley

If you look close at the last post you can see the cruisin off road skid plate set.
1579020621334.png

Around the same time came the Costa fab's front Bumper with a Zero Dark lite bar & a 10k Warn winch.
Again this is the only picture I could find. I was wheelin the Rubicon and walked right up the Soup bowl.
Thanks Richard, The front bumper has held up to all the abuse I have put it through super happy with it.

Always liked your rear bumper. One of the only good-looking rear tube bumpers out there.

That's the name of the obstacle your pic is on, dork
Ya what ever it's called, I made it through with out damage. Your post are always attacking or belittling someone so it hard to know what you are talking about.
When I first came on the board I started following you because I thought you were a petty smart guy. Now I just think you are a smart a** always raining on someones parade .
If you had made your self clear we would not be having this conversation.
Please quit mocking my thread

Last edited:
Ya what ever it's called, I made it through with out damage. Your post are always attacking or belittling someone so it hard to know what you are talking about.
When I first came on the board I started following you because thought you were a petty smart guy. Now I just think you are a smart a** always raining on someones parade .
If you had made your self clear we would not be having this conversation.
Please quit mocking my thread
Really confused. I love hammers and that obstacle is called depreciation knob. I was excited for you but now I'm sad

Depreciation knob!
Look you post has no reference to it. Most people on this board are not welling to take there Reg to the hammers so most would not know what you were talking about including me and I have been there several times.
If you would have worded it like in your last post ( I love the hammers and that obstacle is called depreciation knob ) it would have been clear to all.
I apologize for getting upset lets just move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom