Broke knock sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ElPolloBlanco

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
instagram.com
So I’m poking around the truck this morning looking at replacing my temp sensor cause it’s throwing codes and what not. Figured out I’ll just do it when I change the oil next week it’ll be easier to get to. But I see a cord just hanging next to my oil filter. I’m pretty sure it’s the plug for the knock sensor. Upon closer inspection I see the plug from the knock sensor itself is stuck inside of the other half of the plug and a piece of copper is sticking out from the sensor. I’m not sure how long this has been going on, but is it hard to replace? I figure I’d order one with my oil filter and do all three jobs at the same time.

Knock sensor (both of them) are just screwed into the block. Use an appropriate spanner/socket and CCW to remove. Super simple - it's basically just a microphone... 'Body' is the ground path and the 'tab' is the signal.

cheers,
george.

Knock sensor (both of them) are just screwed into the block. Use an appropriate spanner/socket and CCW to remove. Super simple - it's basically just a microphone... 'Body' is the ground path and the 'tab' is the signal.

cheers,
george.

Sweet. Thanks.

Holy crap. $230 for this thing. That’s robbery.

:eek:

Holy crap. $230 for this thing. That’s robbery.

Do some mud searching - there's some quite cheap 'alternatives'... It's just a microphone, no need for OEM in this case...

cheers,
george.

I have a factory one I can do 50 shipped on

Yeah. @thatcabledude pointed me towards a thread recommending eBay alternatives. In for $23 with free shipping expected Friday. Looks like I’ll be busy next Saturday.

Let us know how they work out, one of ours did the exact same thing, we kind of slit it back together as the metal connector was still their and straight. We will see if engine still runs good, seems I could not find a straight answer on how much these are actually needed. If the engine runs good I could careless if it throws a code.

Yeah. @thatcabledude pointed me towards a thread recommending eBay alternatives. In for $23 with free shipping expected Friday. Looks like I’ll be busy next Saturday.

I did a search and saw some discussion but would you mind sharing the thread link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom