Brand Rec for 1" Turn Ball Valve (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
I need to replace (or have replaced) the Main Valve to the house. The Main Gate Valve that's there won't close completely and the Curb shut off is frozen. Makes doing any kind of mild plumbing repair in the house lots 'o fun ... After I get DWP to replace the Curb Cock, I will tackle the Main Shut off.

I'd like to avoid the Home Despot / Lowe's China-made stuff and get a Heavy Duty Residential USA-made valve. No Shark-bite. Pressure here can go over 200 psi in spikes.

What's best? (Someone said Apollo Valves?)

Cheers.

Apollo. Made right here. Well, a couple of miles form here, but really close by.

I need to replace (or have replaced) the Main Valve to the house. The Main Gate Valve that's there won't close completely and the Curb shut off is frozen. Makes doing any kind of mild plumbing repair in the house lots 'o fun ... After I get DWP to replace the Curb Cock, I will tackle the Main Shut off.

I'd like to avoid the Home Despot / Lowe's China-made stuff and get a Heavy Duty Residential USA-made valve. No Shark-bite. Pressure here can go over 200 psi in spikes.

What's best? (Someone said Apollo Valves?)

Cheers.
If you're seeing that magnitude of pressure spikes and you're going to be replacing the valve anyway, you may want to add a pressure reducing valve (regulator). I think Apollo makes them as well.

I have a pressure reducer (to 50 psi), but aren't those supposed to be after the shut-off? That's why I'm looking at the Heavy Duty valves that are 600 psi rated, though I will readily admit I don't understand all the plumbing specs on these things. I just learned the WOG casting on the valve bodies stands for 'Water, Oil, Gas' ... :)

The Apollo looks to be a good quality fit, but doesn't seem to be much retail availability on the West Coast, or even online. Might have to go to a Plumbing supply

I have a pressure reducer (to 50 psi), but aren't those supposed to be after the shut-off? That's why I'm looking at the Heavy Duty valves that are 600 psi rated, though I will readily admit I don't understand all the plumbing specs on these things. I just learned the WOG casting on the valve bodies stands for 'Water, Oil, Gas' ... :)

The Apollo looks to be a good quality fit, but doesn't seem to be much retail availability on the West Coast, or even online. Might have to go to a Plumbing supply
Oh yeah, if you already have one then carry on! I was afraid your plumbing and fixtures were seeing those pressure spikes.

Copper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom