Brake Upgrade - The Tundra Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What year IFS hubs exactly? And can you email me that spreadsheet with the prices and years? pm'd you.

I sourced my hubs already machined down from FROR. I do not know the year vehicle they provided. Sorry.

Spreadsheet sent (it never had any prices on it). Prices are constantly changing so a little on-line research will give you the most accurate results.

What year IFS hubs exactly? And can you email me that spreadsheet with the prices and years? pm'd you.

86-95 Toyota trucks (Pickup, 4Runner, Tacoma, T100). Not FJ80 though.

Just FYI the IFS hubs are getting hard to find, at least for me. Took a week of scouring craigslist and junkyard inventories until I bought a fair on eBay for probably too much. :)
Yeah I just checked on car-part.com and it pulled up zero in the inventory. You'd think there would be a bunch given the year span and how many different vehicles used the same part, plus the fact that a lot of people convert IFS to solid axles.

a lot of people convert IFS to solid axles.
That's probably where most of them are... plus the probability that a huge percentage of that era Toyota's are still daily or second vehicles for people and still on the road (not being parted out/junkyards).

I have done a bunch of sas swaps through the years held onto alot of parts till about 8 years ago maybe i scrapped 50000 thousand pounds of scrap metal from my property i had so many truck parts lol

I have done a bunch of sas swaps through the years held onto alot of parts till about 8 years ago maybe i scrapped 50000 thousand pounds of scrap metal from my property i had so many truck parts lol
Damn if you had thought to hang on to the hubs, you'd be lookin at a few extra bucks there lol

So I drove into work today on the newly installed LSPV and the 4Runner calipers up front. What a piece of crap setup. I was spoiled with Monster Calipers from TLC years back I got with a parts truck. They finally succumbed when the bleed screw broke in the aluminum body and I couldn't rework it and save it.

So now driving on 4Runner calipers is a huge downgrade for me and I hate it. I absolutely have to do this upgrade now. Time to start watching the parts yard for 2nd gen 4runner hubs. Luckily here is Los Angeles we have a lot of 4Runners though the parts yard.

So I drove into work today on the newly installed LSPV and the 4Runner calipers up front. What a piece of crap setup. I was spoiled with Monster Calipers from TLC years back I got with a parts truck. They finally succumbed when the bleed screw broke in the aluminum body and I couldn't rework it and save it.

So now driving on 4Runner calipers is a huge downgrade for me and I hate it. I absolutely have to do this upgrade now. Time to start watching the parts yard for 2nd gen 4runner hubs. Luckily here is Los Angeles we have a lot of 4Runners though the parts yard.
If you find a couple extra for a good deal PM me and I'll pay you for the parts + shipping to WA. There is nothing up here, and I think it would be a lot less costly to get a junkyard pair and have them machined.

I can get them machined at work as well (aerospace shop with lathes and mills) so we'll see what I find and when I can make time to get there.

So I am going through the parts list and I can't see why anyone would source parts individually. The cost associated is higher than the kit cost.

What am I missing? What do we gain by sourcing pieces (ie the hub and then turning it down)?

What year Tundra Brakes will work? Is it just '05?

Nevermind, just read the spreadsheet. 2000-2006

You want the 13WL casting if I remember correctly

The parts I sourced are on post #173, if you go to the top of that page you can see the Brake booster and MC combo I’m running as well.

13WL casting, perfect. Got a source on those for cheap. Now for IFS hubs at the junk yard this weekend. If I see any spare sets I will grab them all. We get tons of 2nd gen 4runners in the parts yard every few months.

Not sure what the issue is with hubs. They are all over the yard I went to. I didn’t have time to pull the last set.

Last edited:
I’ll see how the first set goes at work on the lathe and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom