SOLD Bozeman, MT: 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
White
I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm listing my beloved FJ62 for sale. My wife and I are building a house, and so it's time to thin the herd. I went pretty deep in trying to restore this car over the past several years, and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. Everything on the vehicle works perfectly, and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it on a road trip immediately. The only "issues" that I know of are a small crack in the dash, and the center console does not have a lid. I've put tens of thousands of dollars into this vehicle, and I have no idea where my price falls in today's market, but I feel that it's fair considering the excellent condition. Having said that, I'm definitely willing to negotiate with the right buyer. I also have a huge pile of various spare parts that will come with the cruiser.

Specs:
Year: 1988
Mileage: 295,000 (engine rebuilt by PO at a little over 200,000)

Color: White, has been professionally repainted by the PO. It looks fantastic IMO.

Exterior: Not a single spec of rust that I've been able to find. The PO garaged it its whole life, and I've intermittently garaged it, while coating the frame with fluid film twice a year. The PO had a doors on repaint done in the OEM white. New LED headlights, and new OEM tail lights and side markers (F+R). New OEM Australian FJ62 side mirrors.

Suspension: Dobinsons IMS, with caster correction shims. Drive in a pretty smooth and straight line for a 35 year old car!

Wheels and Tires: Fifteen52 Analog HD wheels wrapped in 285/70/117 Falken Wildpeak ATIII tires (less than 3000 miles). Some people don't like these wheels, but I love them. C'est La Vie

Interior: Exceptionally clean interior. Door cards, glass, headliner, gauges, and vinyl trim are all original. PO had the vehicle reupholstered with grey tweed and red pleather. Some people love it, including myself. I put some nice seat covers from Equipt1 on the front and rear seats to keep them nice. The dash also has a dash mat on it. I purchased the car without any cracks in the dash, and the day after I got it the sun changed directions while I was in a meeting, and caused a crack. Very unfortunate. If anyone is interested, I can remove the dash mat and get a photo of the crack. The windows are all cranks, and work without issue. The front window is original OEM Toyota, and is in good shape, minus some scuff marks from decades of use. I think it gives the car character. The sin visors are from Icon 4x4, and are phenomenal. My favorite addition to any car. They're made by Rosen Sun Visors, and I have since put them in every land cruiser I've owned.

Mechanical Work Completed in the last 4000 miles:
-Every single seal on the vehicle replaced.
-Front and rear axles fully rebuilt
-New steering knuckle
-Fresh fluids

Asking Price: $35,000

IMG_7840.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom