Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are roller kits going to be available on your site? I’d like to get one for my rack.
847277EC-28A6-43BE-8442-1B8C3BB4CDC5.jpeg

Good late morning! Just about a year ago I bought my 80. Recently finished a pile of mods I saved up for. Most recently, 4.88 re-gear, oem e-lockers front and rear, complete front & rear axle rebuild, brakes & rotors, T-case rebuild w/ low gear/part time 4wd install, and Tom Woods rear custom double cardan driveshaft. This year hoping to add a sweet BOWFIN roof rack, build/buy rear bumper, Corbeau Baja XRS seats, replace carpet w/ vinyl, address power steering leak, and steering box upgrade.

IMG_2451.jpeg

IMG_1049.jpeg

Any idea on the current 80 series rack leadtime?
Been checking and they've been out of stock for a while.
I don't know if there will be any. There haven't been any updates for a long time and my direct message asking didn't get a response either. As much as I like this rack design I might have to start looking at other options.

He usually responds promptly when he has racks in stock. He also makes an announcement when he’s about to get his stock back to give everyone interested a heads up. Usually pretty limited numbers so you gotta be quick. From what I understand this is not his main line of business. This is more of a side gig for him, hence the unresponsiveness when every other message or email he gets is “when are you getting your stock back”… it gets old quick. So if this is the rack that you really want, then you’d be waiting along with the rest of the other guys patiently waiting for the restock announcement to come up. Hopefully that helps…

He usually responds promptly when he has racks in stock. He also makes an announcement when he’s about to get his stock back to give everyone interested a heads up. Usually pretty limited numbers so you gotta be quick. From what I understand this is not his main line of business. This is more of a side gig for him, hence the unresponsiveness when every other message or email he gets is “when are you getting your stock back”… it gets old quick. So if this is the rack that you really want, then you’d be waiting along with the rest of the other guys patiently waiting for the restock announcement to come up. Hopefully that helps…

I get it, no hard feelings from me, I guess it would just be nice to know if he has any plans of making some more in the next few months or not.

I'm not dead, but back from the dead, so to speak!

Apologies for the disappearance, life has been way, way busy over the last year. Bowfin Cruisers started as a hobby and grew pretty quickly. I bought out my long time business partner in my powder coating business early in 2023 and while it has been great, my workload went through the roof. I have thought very seriously about shutting down the entire rack business, but instead we are going to ramp back up and joint the two companies and try to get a bit more serious here.

One of the biggest reasons to not give up is the fact that the Cruiser community and ih8mud has been so awesome for making new life long friends.

I have a lot of organizing to do, some promised racks to still go out, and some moving to do to get this right but my plan is to have racks on the site in the next couple of weeks and get the ball rolling again. I WILL POST HERE FIRST BEFORE RACKS GO ON THE SITE

Also, I am starting to dig back through emails and get some responses going there.

I am very grateful to all of you that have purchased racks and have had interest in them. The positive feedback and kind words are amazing.

Thank you!

No worries my friend. Sometimes folks forget that there is a real live person behind your product not a wharehouse fulfilling orders. Your excellent product at a fair price is worth waiting for. I'd recommend to a friend...

Good late morning! Just about a year ago I bought my 80. Recently finished a pile of mods I saved up for. Most recently, 4.88 re-gear, oem e-lockers front and rear, complete front & rear axle rebuild, brakes & rotors, T-case rebuild w/ low gear/part time 4wd install, and Tom Woods rear custom double cardan driveshaft. This year hoping to add a sweet BOWFIN roof rack, build/buy rear bumper, Corbeau Baja XRS seats, replace carpet w/ vinyl, address power steering leak, and steering box upgrade.

View attachment 3451476

View attachment 3451477
nice transformation!

Thanks fellas! Hope to see you all again soon

I'm not dead, but back from the dead, so to speak!

Apologies for the disappearance, life has been way, way busy over the last year. Bowfin Cruisers started as a hobby and grew pretty quickly. I bought out my long time business partner in my powder coating business early in 2023 and while it has been great, my workload went through the roof. I have thought very seriously about shutting down the entire rack business, but instead we are going to ramp back up and joint the two companies and try to get a bit more serious here.

One of the biggest reasons to not give up is the fact that the Cruiser community and ih8mud has been so awesome for making new life long friends.

I have a lot of organizing to do, some promised racks to still go out, and some moving to do to get this right but my plan is to have racks on the site in the next couple of weeks and get the ball rolling again. I WILL POST HERE FIRST BEFORE RACKS GO ON THE SITE

Also, I am starting to dig back through emails and get some responses going there.

I am very grateful to all of you that have purchased racks and have had interest in them. The positive feedback and kind words are amazing.

Thank you!
Great to hear! Life happens and totally get it. Really excited to see your products coming back up. Very happy I have waited and not just purchased other options.

Great news. The 80 needs a rack but the only one I'll put on it is a Bowfin.
You get more real work out of your equipment than anyone I know. It is a real compliment that you are happy with your roof rack!

This is wonderful news. Racks for our 80 and 55 will come from you. Still loving my 62 rack. It's a wonderful piece of engineering, and it looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom