Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do i deal straight with you here in mud or do i need to go check the website tomorrow morning?
On the site tomorrow at 8 am eastern.
My UPS charges are stupid compared to what I get through the website.

Thanks

I am only posting the heads up here.

I'm planning on installing mine this weekend at a buddy's. Should I pick up a bottle of loctite or is everything included in the packaging?

I'm planning on installing mine this weekend at a buddy's. Should I pick up a bottle of loctite or is everything included in the packaging?
You don't need Loctite. Just put it together and install. It holds tight.

You don't need Loctite. Just put it together and install. It holds tight.
Do I need to buy hardware to delete the OEM roof rack or is that included? I am also installing soon

Do I need to buy hardware to delete the OEM roof rack or is that included? I am also installing soon
I'm not sure about what needs to be done for your 80 series. On my 62, nothing "had" to be deleted. But, I removed the junk roof rails that were installed right after my truck was imported (and filled the holes in my roof...ugh). If you haven't done your gutters in recent years, it would be a good idea to refresh them before you install the BowFin.

I am only posting the heads up here.
These racks are sweet! Definitely want to grab one for my LX 450. Any chance of getting an update on here when some are becoming available? Just getting started on my build and I want to prioritize getting one of these before I see too many dollar signs leaving my account.

The rack is one of my favorite additions - it totally changes the look of an 80.

Land Cruiser Good Light 3 resize.jpg
Land Cruiser Good Light 3 resize insta 2.jpg

Just ordered my 60 rack. Looks like I got lucky- still showing they are available.

I snagged a 100 series rack two weeks ago but haven’t got an email that it’s shipped yet. Website said “sold out” after, so I hope it wasn’t a glitch ha

I snagged a 100 series rack two weeks ago but haven’t got an email that it’s shipped yet. Website said “sold out” after, so I hope it wasn’t a glitch ha
I'll bet a 6 pack you see it by next Friday :beer:

Just deleted my 80 Series OEM roof rack to install the Bowfin. If anyone else was wanting a simple solution for the delete see below, costs about $100 in hardware from McMaster Carr:

95608A125 Stainless Steel Ultra-Wide Flanged Button Head Screw, M5 x 0.8 mm Thread Size, 20 mm Long
Note: (16 required for full delete, 8 for delete of just corners, not the ribs in the middle)

99186A136 Weather-Resistant EPDM Rubber Sealing Washers for M10 Screw Size, 10.5 mm ID, 20 mm OD, Packs of 50

Used a $9.99 harbor freight heat gun to remove the metal top from the rubber ribs in the center. I then would peel the rubber taking as much of the black sticky 3M foam tape that adhered to the ribs with it in a single pull. Anything left I would hit with my eraser wheel attached to my drill. $10 Amazon eraser wheel worked fine and also did a good job to clean up the paint under the OEM feet in the corner. I’ll have to do something about the paint that’s bare down to metal in the near future.

image.jpg

Just deleted my 80 Series OEM roof rack to install the Bowfin. If anyone else was wanting a simple solution for the delete see below, costs about $100 in hardware from McMaster Carr:

95608A125 Stainless Steel Ultra-Wide Flanged Button Head Screw, M5 x 0.8 mm Thread Size, 20 mm Long
Note: (16 required for full delete, 8 for delete of just corners, not the ribs in the middle)

99186A136 Weather-Resistant EPDM Rubber Sealing Washers for M10 Screw Size, 10.5 mm ID, 20 mm OD, Packs of 50

Used a $9.99 harbor freight heat gun to remove the metal top from the rubber ribs in the center. I then would peel the rubber taking as much of the black sticky 3M foam tape that adhered to the ribs with it in a single pull. Anything left I would hit with my eraser wheel attached to my drill. $10 Amazon eraser wheel worked fine and also did a good job to clean up the paint under the OEM feet in the corner. I’ll have to do something about the paint that’s bare down to metal in the near future.

View attachment 3415487
This looks great and just what I've been looking for. Just put an order in, thank you. Ordered a set of 16 screws and a pack of washers, it ended up being 124.50 shipped to Austin. I planned on ordering a similar set from wits-end a few months back but won't order anything from him due to the risk of not getting the parts. Did you paint the washers?

The same happened to me for the 60 rack. 2 weeks ago now, but no update. Did yours ship?

This looks great and just what I've been looking for. Just put an order in, thank you. Ordered a set of 16 screws and a pack of washers, it ended up being 124.50 shipped to Austin. I planned on ordering a similar set from wits-end a few months back but won't order anything from him due to the risk of not getting the parts. Did you paint the washers?
Washers I ordered came white, I did not paint them. You end up saving over $40 from the Wit’s End kit since it requires you order (2) kits if you want to do the complete OEM roof rack delete including ribs.

The same happened to me for the 60 rack. 2 weeks ago now, but no update. Did yours ship?
Mine arrived this past Saturday! I got notification that it shipped on Thursday.

Reactions: SAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom