Bought 2001 LC with 237k, what maintenance to do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
Thanks in advance for your help. I just bought a 2001 LC with 220k miles (got a great deal). 1-owner and was meticulously taken care of. What preventative maintenance should I do right away or get checked out? Was thinking timing belt and brakes, but wasn't sure what else to prioritize. Below is what has been done (other than regular oil changes and scheduled maintenance): Thanks!

230k: Valve cover gasket(s) replaced
219k: Rear brake pads replaced
209k: Fuel injection system flushed/serviced
184k: Brake rotors resurfaced
109k: Timing belt replaced

LC.jpg

Sky is the limit with the almighty search function ...

baseline.jpg

We're not trying to be rude ... just point you in the right direction so you can get up to speed efficiently. We all started somewhere ...

I wouldn't be super concerned about the t-belt, peeps go waaaay past the service interval all the time, but it sounds like you're already having it done. Brakes are easy to check for pad thickness. Then, like has been mentioned, start your own baseline. Someone will also mention the heater-t's. Again, not a critical priority, but one of the few things on these trucks that can strand you.

I wouldn't be super concerned about the t-belt, peeps go waaaay past the service interval all the time, but it sounds like you're already having it done.

Exactly. I would say THE most overrated fear mongering suggestion on MUD for pre VVTI engines like yours. You can save soooo much money not being an OCD LC owner.

I also suggest doing nothing to the brakes if they don’t need it. Unless it’s just worth the fun to you, I suggest doing nothing to fluids If you check them and they look and smell good. If you think there could be bigger problems or reasons to just change all fluids then that would be a reason to not buy the vehicle. No need to feel like you MUST do things that are not really needed. But it may be fun enough to you to do it any way.

Last edited:
I’d start by taking a deep breath. Then inspect all hoses and fluids. The age and mileage put you at that moment where everything works and then nothing works. Ha ha, I jest. Drive it and get a feel for the glory that is Land Cruiser. I got mine around that mileage and have only done a few things to the rig based on noises I may or may not have caused........

You are going to love it!!

heater tees! aka heater t's my truck 06' 211k miles and they cracked when i took them off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom