Borla vs custom exhaust pics please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi thinking of doing a new exhaust and want to have your input would like it to breath more and get better mpg it would be great if you guys had pics of both

I just put on the Magna flow (409 Stainless) and it's loud.
OEM will last about 20 yrs as it is made out of low grade 904 Stainless, Not Cheap
Borla is 304 Stainless and should outlast the truck, but it will cost you a lung and kidney.
Zinc plated steel Bosal is similar design to OEM, but if it lasts 5 yrs your lucky.

Lots of borla threads. Lots of custom threads. May be quicker to compile your own comparisons pics

Finding it hard to beat a local mom n pop shop thats willing to listen to your wants. Lots of pleased folks ranging from 400-600 for out the door from y pipe back.

Custom 3" that has since been replaced but still operating on another members 80 as far as i know. $400 included catco cat, flowmaster (boo), pipe, resonator and labor. Been a few years though.

new 3'' cat-back exhaust

Creepersleeper had a similar job done at similar price in same timeframe if you want to search his.

Lots of borla threads. Lots of custom threads. May be quicker to compile your own comparisons pics

Finding it hard to beat a local mom n pop shop thats willing to listen to your wants. Lots of pleased folks ranging from 400-600 for out the door from y pipe back.

Custom 3" that has since been replaced but still operating on another members 80 as far as i know. $400 included catco cat, flowmaster (boo), pipe, resonator and labor. Been a few years though.

new 3'' cat-back exhaust

Creepersleeper had a similar job done at similar price in same timeframe if you want to search his.
Does your hit anything when flexing couldn't find it on your thread?

Nope. Never had an issue with that system. The current 2.5" system from EMS will occasionally contact the rear crossmember, likely due to a bent exhaust mount at endpoint

Wou
Nope. Never had an issue with that system. The current 2.5" system from EMS will occasionally contact the rear crossmember, likely due to a bent exhaust mount at endpoint[/QUOTE what would you do different, glass pack different muffler ?

Wh
Nope. Never had an issue with that system. The current 2.5" system from EMS will occasionally contact the rear crossmember, likely due to a bent exhaust mount at endpoint
what would you do different ,glass pack,different muffler?

I would pay more attention to acoustics.

Theres a great thread where a member from southwest area I believe had a really talented guy fab up his system but guy knew his stuff when it came to exhaust and routing effects on sound and performance.

Luckily i picked up the EMS from a local part out and avoided all the drama and expense. Its been one of the good ones it seems minus some y pipe gasket issues but always been too loud. New quieter muffler would be nice (has magnaflow xxx?) but im starting with a new cat and a resonator with more protected exit.

They're really loud. I'm trying really hard to tolerate the noise but sometimes its really annoying.

The only reason im tolerating the noise is that they last a lot longer than regular mufflers due to the stainless construction. I usually cross a lot of water so mufflers never last very long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom