Bolt on turbo kit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so I dont know if it was brought up but the kit should also come with the turbo badge for the grill, diesel guys cant have the only turbo badges

AND some big-pimpin, turbo decals for the outsides!

yota turbo.jpg

Well, we are all about as patient as a toddler and this way we aren’t bothering you about the hardware.....

Speaking of which, any updates? :D

I'm planning to do a HG repair within the next few months as preventative maintenance and to deal with oil consumption so that I have a bulletproof engine when the turbo kit is released. My "while I'm in there" parts list keeps growing, but I don't want to replace items that may be included or upgraded with the kit (i.e. oil pressure sender unit). Some additional items I'm considering are:

• Engine Wire Harness
  • ACC headers/Y pipe
  • Exhaust Heat Shields
  • Cooling System Overhaul (hoses, water pump)
  • Landtank Fan Clutch
  • Fuel Pump
  • Injector cleaning/overhaul
  • Performance valve job
Anything I should remove or add?

• ACC headers/Y pipe
  • Fuel Pump
Anything I should remove or add?

I would nix the Y-pipe, as the kits J pipe is going to replace the y. As far as the fuel pump goes, IMHO, if it’s not giving you an issue, I would leave it for now, or at a minimum drop it to a low priority on your list. Reason being boost is limited by what the ECU can keep up with.

I would add thermal shielding to anything thermally sensitive between the headers and the muffler to the list. Also, hopefully @NLXTACY will chime in; but I would verify fuel injectors are NOT being included in the kit. I don’t believe they are, but I’m not 100% on that.

@NLXTACY -

>>>>>To confirm, the turbo is going to nix the 2 primary exh mani’s as well as the Y - pipe the guys above just talked, yes?

>>>>>Also - I thought I saw you mention the idea of not doing a fluid intercooler, was that an idea that you’re still thinking on — or are you still back with the idea of a fluid cooler for charge?

I’d never asked, but assumed we were going to run the “log” type manifold w/ a single outlet & the turbo bolts to.

Also, I can’t find it now -but hoping the fluid intercooler is still very much a primary part in your setup / way you’re selling the kits when it gets to that point.

@NLXTACY -

>>>>>To confirm, the turbo is going to nix the 2 primary exh mani’s as well as the Y - pipe the guys above just talked, yes?

>>>>>Also - I thought I saw you mention the idea of not doing a fluid intercooler, was that an idea that you’re still thinking on — or are you still back with the idea of a fluid cooler for charge?

I’d never asked, but assumed we were going to run the “log” type manifold w/ a single outlet & the turbo bolts to.

Also, I can’t find it now -but hoping the fluid intercooler is still very much a primary part in your setup / way you’re selling the kits when it gets to that point.

Page 82 has pictures for the Jig and the J pipe. My understanding is it’s going to go
Block->headers->Wits End J Pipe->Wits end Down Pipe->existing exhaust from the cats back
Which would fit everything right there at the Y Pipe, without trying to re-engineer the headers.

I would nix the Y-pipe, as the kits J pipe is going to replace the y. As far as the fuel pump goes, IMHO, if it’s not giving you an issue, I would leave it for now, or at a minimum drop it to a low priority on your list. Reason being boost is limited by what the ECU can keep up with.

I would add thermal shielding to anything thermally sensitive between the headers and the muffler to the list. Also, hopefully @NLXTACY will chime in; but I would verify fuel injectors are NOT being included in the kit. I don’t believe they are, but I’m not 100% on that.

The Y of the Y-pipe will need to go BUT the location of the O2 sensor cannot change. So somewhere between that front oxygen sensor and the new downpipe, will be a new flange that gets welded on once the Y is removed.

Injectors NOT part of the turbo kit NOR are they necessary for the turbo build. Unless of course you have plans outside of the scope of this kit of which...I don't want to know. :p

@NLXTACY ->>>>>To confirm, the turbo is going to nix the 2 primary exh mani’s as well as the Y - pipe the guys above just talked, yes?

No. The exhaust manifolds stay. They don't even need to be removed.

Intercooler is NOT part of the turbo kit. At this point it may not come to fruition due to demand. BUT, if it does then it will be 100% an Air-to-water that sits above the valve cover. No other design is even a consideration.

No. The exhaust manifolds stay. They don't even need to be removed.

Intercooler is NOT part of the turbo kit. At this point it may not come to fruition due to demand. BUT, if it does then it will be 100% an Air-to-water that sits above the valve cover. No other design is even a consideration.

FYI: I’m in for an intercooler. If your going to do it you might as well go all the way and have the best system possible. It seems silly to me to put a turbo on without an intercooler. Hopefully more people will be on board too! I’d rather not have to find a fabricator to build a one-off custom for me.

FYI: I’m in for an intercooler. If your going to do it you might as well go all the way and have the best system possible. It seems silly to me to put a turbo on without an intercooler. Hopefully more people will be on board too! I’d rather not have to find a fabricator to build a one-off custom for me.

Hopefully the demand is there. I’m not worried about the legwork to make it pro. Just sucks if I have to sit on pricey stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom