Body mount Sqeeks? Creeks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have recently noticed a little bit of sqeeking right under my driver side floor board while driving. Usually from when I take off from a stand still. There is a body mount there so I assume it has gone bad after almost 200k miles and the occasional wheeling trip every couple months where I typically doing some rock crawling putting stress on these parts. I took a look at it and cant really tell if its damaged from a visual inspection. Has only else had this issue? Do I need to separate the whole body from the chassis to replace this one? should Replace them all? anyone know the part number?

bump. bump

You think because of too much torque? Is that what those torsion bar reinforcement brackets are for?

You think because of too much torque? Is that what those torsion bar reinforcement brackets are for?
I think those are bolted up to the lower A-arm to reinforce it. I need to look under mine to see the mount. I had the same issue on a GM 2500HD and it was the torsion bar mount on the rear part of the bar, but I'm only guessing its the same on the 100 series; maybe not, so check the slider and other parts like hoser said. I figured it out by ziptying a gopro down there to catch the broken mount.

edit: Looking at this, the rear torsion mount is different, so my guess may be wrong.

For those with torsion bar questions

Last edited:
Just a thought... I had a similar sound and it was my slee bumper hitting the body. The bumper had shifted, just a tiny little bit, but enough to squeak sometimes at takeoff and on certain bumps. From inside the vehicle it did not sound like it was coming from up front. I loosened all the mounting hardware a little and beat it back into the right position with a dead blow.

Thanks! Some great input guys! I will do a detailed inspection this Saturday morning and report back with results....to be continued.

I think @hoser was right! At the exhaust shop and had a chance to inspect the truck. Looks like my driver side slider, front mount is hitting the body.

Forgot to attach image

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom