Body and paint gray 62 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cleaned up the front of the hood, lots of rust spots from rock chips. Removed paint with 120 grit, then sanded the rust spots down. Next sprayed with rust dissolver to kill the tiny spots that were still there. 220 grit then 400 grit. Ready for epoxy primer.

S8zZUb9NQB6G80TJ1eMCQg.jpg

Actually, a cheap wire wheel, the small diameter one worked really well. It doesn't have to be at a high speed either, slower worked best. There are other abrasive wheels too but I liked that little one. It was thin enough that I could control it and not screw up the paint on the side. It helps to flip it to reverse and bend the wires back occasionally.

Electric heat gun and flat tipped screw driver will take the body of it out. A few passes with the wire wheel cleans it up nicely. From my experience.

Actually, a cheap wire wheel, the small diameter one worked really well. It doesn't have to be at a high speed either, slower worked best. There are other abrasive wheels too but I liked that little one. It was thin enough that I could control it and not screw up the paint on the side. It helps to flip it to reverse and bend the wires back occasionally.

Once all of it is removed do what are your steps for resealing it?

Man I love Flagstaff, just need to drop off my wagon in your driveway and stay for a bit while you work some magic. :beer:
Bring it out, you can help! My shop is now in Camp Verde, so I commute every day, but the drive is peaceful and beautiful.

Amazing work! Looking forward to seeing it done!

How many hours do you have in the body so far? Sanding, metal work, etc...

Looks like excellent work. Are you going to park it inside and drive it only on nice days now? ;)

How many hours do you have in the body so far? Sanding, metal work, etc...
Not sure, I would have to calculate that. I’m moving slower than normal because I have my 7yr old with me everyday.

@kelly saad Ill be tackling my gutters before too long. What product did you decide to go with?
SEM self leveling seam sealer. You would also need the expensive 3m caulking gun for 2 part tubes. I payed 2 beads then brushed them together with a small brush. I always used 3m Drip Check in the past with great results too. It much less expensive but completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom