Bob's roof rack thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya know, Mace, Mark Algazy sells some HD ones he has made, and I think they're based on the confer design, for around $25, *I think* ... They're not on his website... Call him.

Or search in classifieds - I think he listed them once.

I found it:

rackclamp.jpg

Diamond RAx 1-909-534-8183 (Greg)
DSCN0988.JPG
DSCN1071.jpg

Last edited:
I am just completeing a rack of my own. I used the old Yakima 1A towers I had around. Beefy suckers, never failed me even when I (perhaps foolishly) had a 240-pound length of steel on the roof. I bolted them directly to the rack. They seem to be available on Flea Bay regularly but do tend to be pricey. They have just the right amount of rise to keep the rack from hitting the roof and still keep the profile low.

Last edited:
At some point in the future I'll be cutting down this Machine Genesis rack to fit the 60:
79Subindriveway.jpg

Using the mounts from the rack that came with the truck:
IMG_0255.jpg

I like that the MG rack is only 1.125" tall. I've never missed having rails above the deck, actually the flat deck has been a bonus more than once.

Mace - We carry Groucho's clamps for use with our racks and have been very pleased with them.....pricey, but beefy. Mark's are nearly identical, but come in bare metal (versus powdercoated for Groucho's).

PLEASE do NOT use those Jeep brackets! Put your 120 pound RTT, plus a couple bodies and some gear on top of your rig with those narrow clamps and your rain gutters are gonna.....well....I don't think it'll be pretty. I could be wrong......but maybe I'm right! :)

I sent you a PM.....

Absolutely, those are super beefy, but also 6" tall (taller that I need for a 60) and $170 for a set of 6.

They are tall. I cut mine down for low pro.
100_0656.jpg

I have the quick-n-easys as I got a bunch, used, for a deal. They do stick up a bit above the roof, if that's an issue.

Whats the weight bearing capacity on these? I like them and I need some higher ones to clear the factory rack (that I dont feel like removing anymore). Im going to make my rack out of aluminum ATV ramps like the "J Rack" but dont want to drop $300+ on Thule crossbars and feet.

Last edited:
Exactly! Spending the time to make 6 or 8 brackets from stock when they can be bought for under $200.00 is nuts.

Even worse when they can be purchased for under $100 ;)

got what you pay for ?

While that is true pretty often, it is not a guarantee that spending more for something means you get a better product..

While that is true pretty often, it is not a guarantee that spending more for something means you get a better product..

Hmmm .... Who knew such sagacity could blow from the sands of Vegas ?

:D

Here are the brackets we're producing to keep the racks lower to the roof on certain vehicle. They use the same bulldog clamp (Groucho's, Mark's, Con-ferr's) and bolt right up:

5622233794_3572760dac_z.jpg

5622233792_140b9a73f1_z.jpg

Here's a pic of the new bracket back-to-back with the standard bracket showing the height difference:

5622233796_899fa2c8fc_z.jpg

Here are the brackets we're producing to keep the racks lower to the roof on certain vehicle. They use the same bulldog clamp (Groucho's, Mark's, Con-ferr's) and bolt right up:

5622233794_3572760dac_z.jpg

5622233792_140b9a73f1_z.jpg

Here's a pic of the new bracket back-to-back with the standard bracket showing the height difference:

5622233796_899fa2c8fc_z.jpg

Awesome, Give me a ring and we'll chat.

Mounts from ladder racks of old telephone and plumbing truck.

$20 for all at Pik-N-Pull
aaarr2bb.jpg

The Mark brackets are fantastic. They're tough and hold a lot of weight. Prior to installing the brackets I covered the clamping portion with bed liner (Rhino liner) in order to keep the metal to metal on the roof to a limit. The RR if home built and was built without the side rails so that the rig would fit in the garage without the RRT. The awning attaches to the mini receiver hitches mounted on the Mark brackets.

Good luck.
Moab 2010 231.jpg

Just got the diamond rack clamps in the mail. Just as I remembered the old ConFer mounts, super beefy, and Diamond has stepped it up with the extensions on the sides.

Love em..

And, my god man, they are pieces of steel, you did not have to package them like they were eggs being dropped from a highschool roof :lol:
DSC_0122-400.jpg
DSC_0123-400.jpg

Glad you like 'em....can't wait to see your finished rack!

We've been "packing 'em like eggs" ever since we had one box blow open en route. It's more to buffer the box against the postal workers than to buffer the steel against damage! Six clamps with the triple dog supports weighs around 20 pounds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom