BJ74 Restoration and LHD Conversion has begun! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately it seems you can buy a Cruiser easier than you can find a bonnet protector. I've been trying to find another one for nearly a year.

If you guys are prepared to ship from oz there is these ones available, clear OEM $120 AUD + shipping, let me know if interested I will organise for you
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I agree. Might have to go with the 3M mask instead

I agree. Might have to go with the 3M mask instead

Unless a vendor is willing to bring them into the U.S. in bulk thus spreading out the shipping cost, the final cost would probably be more than the average owner is willing to pay.

remove the top, it isn't that hard and trying to remove the windshield frame without removing the top is a complete PITA
plus you got to make sure those little rubber seals are properly located.
BTW i came across one of those Oz units, tint with LAND CRUISER in white across the top when i was cleaning up.
i REALLY like them.
I have one on little red and it does the job BUT make sure you add extra rubber bumpers as it does flex when driving and can wear through the paint.

Well I did remove the top to seal the windshield. I couldn't really see where it had been leaking, as it was a few weeks since it leaked, and it has not rained for about a month.

I taped the windshield folding seam, and watered it down pretty good, and did not get a leak. So I am hoping it was the rubber seal. Sealed it up, and maybe it will never rain again..:)

I would like to experiment with turning down the fuel a little bit. I get more smoke than I would like whenever under load. I can find how to rebuild the entire pump, but not how to turn up or down the fuel. I'm getting about 450KM per tank, so it is not excessive, I would just like to see if adjustment makes any noticable smoke/power difference

Any body know how to adjust the fuel?
And how do I check the timing?

Feeling a little dumb this week

On a side note how does she ride, she up to expectation, too hard too soft?? Roll factor, many rattles, pet hates?? Interested to hear your thoughts on the beast overall to date, considering your hands basically built her from frame up.
450klm is too low, she must be pulling like a John Deer at the local show,
if your feeling dumb this week, benchmark that against my cruiser knowledge I am therefore deaf, dumb & blind and lucky to even feed myself, think your doing great , you've shared a lot knowledge along the way to the wider mud community,
Take some video footage and post, I want hear the beast purr

On a side note how does she ride, she up to expectation, too hard too soft?? Roll factor, many rattles, pet hates?? Interested to hear your thoughts on the beast overall to date, considering your hands basically built her from frame up.
450klm is too low, she must be pulling like a John Deer at the local show,
if your feeling dumb this week, benchmark that against my cruiser knowledge I am therefore deaf, dumb & blind and lucky to even feed myself, think your doing great , you've shared a lot knowledge along the way to the wider mud community,
Take some video footage and post, I want hear the beast purr

I think it rides great, firm but not harsh. No rattles at all. I really enjoy driving it!. I do not notice any roll at all, but I haven't put it to an offroad test yet. I may try to get some video of the exhaust if I can figure out how to attach a camera to it.

Put a intercooler on and increase boost. That should reduce the black smoke

Where would I get one. You put an idea in my head, and I am likely to go with it!

Dan guilted me into doing this. He will know from the pics. Blue Cable. I didn't even get as far as the real problem---no fan--but I will get there now.

Dan, the last picture is for you

Does anyone know if that Canadian speedometer face can be purchased separately and, if so, have a part #?

No. It was serviced as a complete head only. Discontinued long ago.

If it is a matter of getting MPH on your speedometer, there are several companies that do custom gauge faces. I can't recommend any but here is the first one to come up on google. These aren't overlays but rather replacement components.

http://www.blackcatcustom.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom