BJ42 Winter Fix Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes - same one - forgot:)

Let me know if you need one - I have one left that I want to get rid of.

Yeah probably don't need one, this is a junkyard turbo set up, if I do change it, I want to keep the junkyard look and jim shim some more. So far I put in 200 for the turbo, around 100 for all the hoses and piping, and now waiting on like 300 worth of gauges. Oh and stupidly 400 for the damn exhaust that I had to pull apart and fix like in my next photos.

Got my brand new bling bling 36s then I got to use the truck for work and that is when I split the stock intake elbow for the second time.
Picture 062.jpg
Picture 069.jpg
Picture June 2008.jpg

My split jim shimin and the fix and the how the exhaust guy just clamped and tightened the exhaust on which left a huge gap I had to fix by taking it off cutting the end off and welding in a neat 2.5 in pipe to fit snug.
Picture June 2008 007.jpg
Picture June 2008 008.jpg
Picture June 2008 001.jpg

Going insane at work, so thought I would take a break and post a few more pics that I have on my computer. Here is more of the exhaust fix and another pic of my truck I just posted in the diesel page:
Picture June 2008 002.jpg
Picture June 2008 003.jpg
Picture June 2008 007.jpg

Thanx man! That "manifold extension" of your's has just helped me a heap with my RHD :cheers:

No Problem, but I've only been running it for 4 or so months, so far no problems, but do at your own risk. I guess thats same as anytime you try and put a turbo on a non turbo engine:D I got the idea (and I think he's been running it for a few years, never seen it in person though, seen it before it was turboed) from Rob Penner of Calgary running it on his BJ60, so I can't take all the credit.

Roy Penner.

Come to think of it we haven't heard much from him since his truck exploded.

:flipoff2:

Tell you the truth, I don't even know, I just went in to CE Franklin with the exhaust end that bolts up to the manifold and picked two elbows that would work for me, I could look at my bill if you want to know the exact measurments, I think they were either 2.5 or 3in 90s and the thickness is around 1/8 thick, maybe a bit thicker? Cost me a whopping 6 bucks:D
Thanks,
Deny

I guess I also bought another one later too it was the same to do the down pipe for the exhaust after the turbo.

Here are a few pics I took of my bed setup I built for my Pismo trip. I slept in there at a diagonal, was pretty comfy, and it only took 5min max to set up at the road side pullouts.
Cheers,
Deny
Picture 071.jpg
Picture 072.jpg
Picture 073.jpg

Nice, uh, wood Deny! I thought of doing something like that years ago but never did.

Yeah it was all really just temporary, cause I didn't want to hotel it every night. I don't know if I will keep it for wheeling, might be a little big especially if I want to take the chainsaw with me.

Thanks for posting the pics Deny. Looks like it would be comfortable enough.
I've been thinking of doing something for a cargo box storage system with the front portion folding forward for sleeping. Might just look at doing a platform lengthwise like you have.
:beer:

No Problem. It is a bit tight to the roof, like 2ft of head room, so got to be a bit flexible to get in and out, I don't know about two people sleeping in there, but could probably be done, but would be pretty cramped.
Cheers,
Deny

Well here goes another round of upgrads / fixes to get done for this wheeling season. I need to build a spare tire carrier to take the weight off my body and put it on my frame, cause my rear tub is looking rough. I also have to fix up my rear frame as the plate above the shackle is cracked and rusted through. 3 pics so far, the first two are the weld on trailer spindle I bought and chopped down to size. Was gonna use the Iron Pig Off Road spindle, but they couldn't ship to Canada, and this way it was just as cheap, in my hand day I paid for it, and comes all parts are replacable. 3rd pic is the new modified front shackle holder to look like the rear which I will weld to a new plate I am building that will bolt up to the frame after I grind off the frame rivets. Note I was using my grinder with the sanding plate, caught my jacket string, and shaved off a few of my knuckles before I threw it accross the shop and it pulled out of the e socket. This truck has cost me so much time, money, sweat, and blood, there is no way I could ever sell it!
Picture 074.jpg
Picture 075.jpg
Picture 076.jpg

Took the day off yesturday and did a little more on the truck along with a little over the weekend. I think I caught this just before it blew up, probably would have for sure this summer. I need to patch this up so it holds up for at least 5 more years before I can start a frame off on this thing.
Picture 077.jpg
Picture 078.jpg
Picture 079.jpg

your neigbour got a new 5th wheel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom