BJ42 Winter Fix Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got quite a bit more done this weekend. Again working out of my second shop (blue tarp). Think one more weekend and I should have the truck ready for some wheelin.
Picture 080.jpg
Picture 081.jpg
Picture 082.jpg

Had to work on Saturday, so I didn't finish up totally, but got it running just need to install the rear lights and its on the road. Still gota build the rear bumper and tire swing out, but that is not so essential. just took one pick, too busy working on it to remember to take more.
Cheers,
Deny
Picture 083.jpg

It's a little slower at work, so decided I should finish up posting a few pictures of how I finished up the spare tire carrier at least. (I don't really have many as I was in a huge rush to get it done before the may long.
Cheers,
Deny
Picture 084.jpg
Picture 085.jpg
Picture 043.jpg

Your BJ looks badass... It's funny I want to do that to mine but everyone down here says it's to rare :lol:

Your BJ looks badass... It's funny I want to do that to mine but everyone down here says it's to rare :lol:

Yeah you guys never got these models, but even up in Canada they are becoming harder and harder to find. I say if it's rusty and your saving it, go nuts. If it is a mint truck, then I would probably think twice, but still probably do the mods I want to do. I wouldn't listen to them, just don't turn it into a tube buggy;)
Cheers

When does this fit in your schedule

When does this fit in your schedule

once the snow melts i can put the turbo back that i borrowed to mock up the manifold for the 60 and just keep the old truck active enough in the summers from falling apart until I retire and can do frame off.:hillbilly:

Had insurence on Old Blue for a month, so figured I should slap the turbo back on, then finally gave in and ripped the top off. Will be bombing around town in the old truck as much as I can to get my money's worth out of the 3 month insurence ;)
IMG_0098.jpg

I look forward to every summer to take the top off mine. My kids LOVE cruising around town in the 40 or out to the lake, etc.

Yeah I hear you Rob, Not a super huge fan of no top driving though as things are pretty cold up here since we are having a crappy summer and most of my driving is in the evenings when it drops to 12-15 deg. I did have a blast driving this weekend around the ball dimonds at our Red eye ball tourney, even dropped the windshield. Did go down the street with it and ate a lot of bugs and rocks :hillbilly:Lots of nice jeep comments though all weekend long ;)

I bought a tarp building, so looks like I will just keep it under there all the time and just drive on nice days any chance I get. Might have to bundle up if I drive er topless into september though.:hillbilly:
P8212103.jpg

Just read this thread. Love the blue BJ's. Any updates? Nice rig.

Thanks,

No real updates, just park er over the winter and pull er out for the summer and drove old blue to ball twice a week and the odd time to work. The only thing I did was buy a dedicated military spare so I didn't have to pull off my trailer tire and didn't have to run a plain mud terrain. Also installed some computer speakers as the sterio came out when the top got pulled, so now I can plug in my iphone, although it doesn't play very loud and can't hear s*** but the tires humming on the highway. Planning to in the next few years patch up a bit of rust and put on some new fenders (gonna swap these beat up ones to my next wheeling 40 series) and running boards, but otherwise just be a sunday driver until I retire and can restore the poor truck.
PA152205.jpg

Last edited:
Deny , What did you use for a latch assembly on your swing out tire carrier?

Hey Neil,
I just used the stock latch, seems to work well.

Looks like Old Blue might be getting some love in the near future, got a few small bits like new fenders ;)
IMG_0932.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom