BJ42 Build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crotalusatrox said:
looking good!

Thx

Sent from outer space via my mind

kling-on said:
Thx man, I have to remove the heater to lower it and I'm kinda thinking about it. Let me know on the rack we can get it going easy ... I think we should wait till the snorkels get on thought ;)

I definitely agree waiting til the snorkels are mounted before we finalize the rack mounts, but I thought going ahead and making the basket would be okay and tying it in to the support arms coming from the mounts later. I think out the door we could make two soft top rack systems for about $200.00 or less and definitely time.

You making it match the the top shap or square ?

Well I think making it the top shape would be cool, but I also think making it rectangular in order to fit a rtt wouldn't be a bad idea too

Sully73FJ40 said:
Well I think making it the top shape would be cool, but I also think making it rectangular in order to fit a rtt wouldn't be a bad idea too

Me too and I have one in my garage too :p

Well I spent half the day gettin one spring on....I Hate rust grr... But I mounted one 33/12.50 on 15x10's I guess they don't stick out to far. I'm still torn wither I should swap out for 8 in wheels. I'm even thinking I should go back to 10.50 :-/ on stock wheels

image-3961682756.jpg
image-2714131038.jpg

IMHO,

Put kling-on stickers on the side of the center console, (anything long and short)
Star Trek Movies Bumper Sticker, 100% KLINGON on eBay!

Something custom that size would be cheap. Comfy is comfy, and comfy is king :)

It'll breakup the lines on the tall sides and make it look more natural. You will not need the heater often, but you'll regret pulling it out when momma Tina or the babies are cold.

put narrow black rubber flares on the back wheel and keep the wider tires. Or better just leave em a little wide. :)

Oh and you need a green leather steering wheel cover :) and maybe ones for you shifters too :)

IMHO, YMMV, yadda yadda...

Last edited:
It is amazing how different the cruiser looks with the wider wheel and tire ... And I only have one on:lol: on the console I'm going to lower it so the kids can climb over to get in to the back ... I looked at it and I think I can cut the floor out and reweld it lower may not be done by Roundup though :( ... Like every year I'm working on s*** up till the last day :lol:

cruiserjunkie said:
lovin this 42

Thx man it's a love/hate project for sure

caladin said:
...Oh and you need a green leather steering wheel cover :) and maybe ones for you shifters too :)...

I keep forgetting get the size too

Ditch the heater an bolt the console to the floor, you don't want to cut that aluminum and you'll never miss the heater around here ;). As an added bonus you loose those lovely coper lines running through the passenger foot well! You gonna have her ready for Roundup? Didn't start my Aqualu yet so I can wheel one more time before she goes under the knife...

Tucker

tucker74 said:
Ditch the heater an bolt the console to the floor, you don't want to cut that aluminum and you'll never miss the heater around here ;). As an added bonus you loose those lovely coper lines running through the passenger foot well! You gonna have her ready for Roundup? Didn't start my Aqualu yet so I can wheel one more time before she goes under the knife...

Tucker

Agreed! Ditch the heater!

Just store it away for when you decide to flock north to Alaska and get away from this god awful heat down here in San Antonio.

Sully73FJ40 said:
Just store it away for when you decide to flock north to Alaska and get away from this god awful heat down here in San Antonio.

Haha - I lost my hard top and rear heater the first week I owned the 40 ... actually stored the top for like five years before I realized it was never going back on ;). I do have a soft top though -

Let's face it - we pretty much live on the surface of the sun for 9 months of the year :(

Tucker

tucker74 said:
Haha - I lost my hard top and rear heater the first week I owned the 40 ... actually stored the top for like five years before I realized it was never going back on ;). I do have a soft top though -

Let's face it - we pretty much live on the surface of the sun for 9 months of the year :(

Tucker

Man, I've explored the middle east, Africa, and such but the heat here is a different animal. I thought for sure I could handle it when I first moved here but the more I'm here the more I wish I was back north enjoying the snow, and looking forward to spring.

Must be nice to have a soft top.....

Yup I have a soft top as well as 2 piece soft doors... She'll be at round Mama's drivin her out. :D

I spent slot of years in Austin and I tell you what it's amazing what 60 miles does for the the heat level ... It's way hotter here for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom