BJ42 Build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

photo1_001.jpg

H55 BJ60 shifter plate and stock top plate moded out easy only move back 2-3 in

photo_001.jpg

the BJ60 sfifter boots should work great with a new filler plate

Last edited:
bj42ps.jpg

finaly found the right head gasket and valve spring and the head is goin back on:steer: ... I'm so ready to drive it with P/S and a H55... then it on to installing more parts :bang: and its a long list of stuff too :grinpimp:

Almost done ... Got to drive it and man it was Awsome. Missed the rattle of the 3B ... And p/s rocked

Sent from outer space via my mind
image-2529217419.jpg
image-678521992.jpg
image-3659233078.jpg
image-132082958.jpg

Very nice man!!!
Congrats brother!

Smitty built contour seat bolted right into a square bezel WOOOT. Have these in my 60 super comfy ... Now to do the other one... Also installed a Heep TJ seat in the back, ready to load the kidos

image-3611208159.jpg

That is just awesome! Congrats on what you have accomplished so far! I've got some serious diesel envy going on.

Looks great Joel! Your doing some amazing work! However after much though, i have decided it would probably be in your best interest to sell me the ARB front bumper to offset that wimberley bill a little. Jk! I really like that bumper. I might have to put an ad up in the wanted section. If you don't mind me asking what'd you give for it? A left nut?

THx guys I still building more as I go... Got me a pile of parts to put on it still :D

Last edited:
Sully73FJ40 said:
Looks great Joel! Your doing some amazing work! However after much though, i have decided it would probably be in your best interest to sell me the ARB front bumper to offset that wimberley bill a little. Jk! I really like that bumper. I might have to put an ad up in the wanted section. If you don't mind me asking what'd you give for it? A left nut?

Believe it or not only $500 ... Found it on here in the wanted section. hope to get it and my lift on nexted week... Round up is getting close

Ok your too late now it's on now :p

The top brace hit the 60 steering box t wonder if it's ok to share a bolt on em . I could easily grind the bar some and put a longer in

image-2950381096.jpg
image-920852297.jpg

I'm sure it would be okay. Could you take some pics of how it is mounted so I can get an idea. It looks good by the way!

Well the box is mounted to 1/2 in plate welded to the frame and taped. The stock shock mount was removed and replaced with Furd shock tower

image-2972475355.jpg
image-1134528098.jpg
image-3249646452.jpg

Ok got the Smitty center console in and found out one of my seats was missed boxed LoL ... And I'm wondring ... Does it looks dumb so tall it's super comfy... Should/would you remove the heater to lower it... I live in south Texas so I really only need it maybe 3 weeks out of the year tops.

image-93129481.jpg
image-2764625944.jpg

And if I do keep it high I'll add bracing

Nice console mate! I have a 40 mm ammo can ready for install when it comes that time. That console seems pretty high up though. Is there anyway to offset that? I imagine in order to do so you would have to raise the seats? I know your a short guy so that might not be a possibility : )

Anyways, I think I'm moving forward with the the roof rack build. Decided to buy a 16 ton hydraulic bender and going tomorrow to Alamo Iron Works to pick up what metal I believe I might need. Could use your help with the welding and design.

Better pic of the bumper ... I love the looks of the old school ARB

image-594317471.jpg

Sully73FJ40 said:
Nice console mate! I have a 40 mm ammo can ready for install when it comes that time. That console seems pretty high up though. Is there anyway to offset that? I imagine in order to do so you would have to raise the seats? I know your a short guy so that might not be a possibility : )

Anyways, I think I'm moving forward with the the roof rack build. Decided to buy a 16 ton hydraulic bender and going tomorrow to Alamo Iron Works to pick up what metal I believe I might need. Could use your help with the welding and design.

Thx man, I have to remove the heater to lower it and I'm kinda thinking about it. Let me know on the rack we can get it going easy ... I think we should wait till the snorkels get on thought ;)

your right arm is going to hate you with that center console. Don't know what to tell you about it.

subzali said:
your right arm is going to hate you with that center console. Don't know what to tell you about it.

Believe it or not its nice ...a little high but feels good ... I still don't know if I want to remove the heater. Mostly it looks funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom