BIOR rear tire carrier on early 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I've been talking with Mike from bumpitoffroad about his dual swing rear tire carrier for my 91 fj80. He said that he hasn't seen his carrier on a early 80 series and he mentioned the flares are narrower so modifications might be needed. Anyone put one of these carriers on a early fj80? Slee says they are in the middle of redoing their manufacturing so they are hoping to start making bumpers again this year and Luke at 4x4 labs hasn't responded to me either. I dont like the look of the arb so I feel me options are limited.

If you or some of your buddy's happen to have some fab skills, plus a welder, why not build your own, here's a few photos of the single tire carrier i made. It's not a hard project, plus you'll save yourself a ton of money if you build it yourself.
img_0272-jpg.1672425

img_0264-jpg.1672420

Which rear bumper are you going with? Don’t see either being a problem. Mike is a good guy to work with

I was looking at getting his regular rear bolt on bumper with the dual swing Jerry can carrier. He was saying he had a concern with how well his bumper would fit in the flare pocket on my earlier 80 because the flares are narrower. I didnt see anything on the forums about people having this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom