Best of 12V DC Stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is an ongoing list of some of the best 12V DC items we can find. Comments behind linked items are ours (not mine).

Fridges:

ARB from FAT: arb fridge and freezer | fat.parts Work directly with Phil and Adam on these at Fred Anderson for your best deal

Engel on Amazon​

Portable Jump Start:

Antigravity Lithium battery pack. XP10 for the bigboy or XP3 for reduced accessories but still plenty of performance.

Redarc - Battery pack for jump start and a lot of other items for dual batteries and other electronic needs.​

Fans:

LED Rechargeable Lanterns:

Gear Aid ARC - Lots of output, the bigger ones can charge your phone, have different temperature and output settings, and have a screw in mount option for extra trail lights that don't need to be wired into the truck.

Tough Light - Highest rated on Amazon.

Blue Tooth LED Lantern - Bluetooth speaker is good, but not as good as say a Bose or other nicer speakers. Bluetooth control is weird as +/- buttons change songs vs change volume from what I can tell. Lantern is a nice pop up design and 3 mode lets it be a flashlight or lantern.

LED Light Strings and Lights:

Homeleo String Lights

Moston 3 Pack of Recharging LEDs - Nice charge indicator red/green as well as built in magnet. Comes with steel strip and two sided tape if needed.​

Air compressors:

MV50 air compressor. Amazing duty cycle. Requires direct connection to battery (30 amp fuse on the alligator clips)

Viair compressors. Heard good things here, but have not used.​

Solar Panels:

Overland Solar - Do very well in field tests - folding for easier set up and use.
Renogy - Low cost solid frame - good for permanent mounting​

Solar Controllers:

Victron BlueSolar - Wireless management​

Portable Speakers:

Sonos Play 3 - Needs hacking to go 12v​

Computer DC Chargers:

CPAP Stuff:

Water Pumps/Showers:

Thermos/Mugs/Crockpots/Warmers/Pots:

Mobile Hot Spots and Extending Antenna:

TV / Monitors:

Samsung LT24E310ND LCD/LED TV. 24 inch diagnonal LED HDTV/Monitor. It runs off of a 14 volt 2amp brick, and can be converted to straight DC input. Capable of being a computer monitor, with 2 hdmi inputs, and a cable input. I believe it has an HD tuner in it as well. Costco had these for 99.00 last month.​

Other:

Last edited:
Other: Samsung LT24E310ND LCD/LED TV. 24 inch diagnonal LED HDTV/Monitor. It runs off of a 14 volt 2amp brick, and can be converted to straight DC input. Capable of being a computer monitor, with 2 hdmi inputs, and a cable input. I believe it has an HD tuner in it as well. Costco had these for 99.00 last month.

Air Compressor: MV50 air compressor. Ebay for about 70 bucks. Amazing duty cycle. Requires direct connection to battery (30 amp fuse on the alligator clips)

@weejub - I like your fan suggestions - I just bought this for my International - 2503272C1 INTERNATIONAL BUS DASH FAN THOMAS 2605-1368 170453 756600 1299010

I wonder if I can wire it to a cigarette plug adapter.

I wonder if my cigarette lighter plug in the International works...

Cool and "period correct" looking? :)

Maybe you could either run a new line from battery or use your cig lighter and tie into something like this?

Three Hole Panel Mounting Plate | Powerwerx

Get a fuse inline - would have to make sure you remember it is always on.

Older vehicle's cig lighters were always on a lot of times, too, already. That was an option for jump-starting as well.

SONOS Play:3 (hacked - but there are threads on how to do power it from 12V).

Someone makes a us-based dual battery system in a box - - I can't quickly find it. Or did you mean some of the other stuff, too?

Last edited:
BEST 12V string lights bar none
Amazon.com : Homeleo 10 Meters 100 LEDs Battery Operated Christmas String Lights w/ Remote Wireless Dimmable LED Copper Wire String Lights Flexible Indoor Outdoor String Lights(Warm White, Waterproof) : Patio, Lawn & Garden
Yes the wire is thin and can break but the light output is fully dimmable, runs off 3 AA batteries, and even comes with a remote and a built in timer.

12V fan. Built my own after dissappointing reviews of all other 12V fans. The newer lithium ion fans look promising.

12V recommendations
Buy LED panels of different styles by the truck load from ebay. I've replaced all my interior lights in the truck with LED and spent less than $15. I still have a TON left over.

12V rock lights
I'm building my own for both performance and financial benefits.

12V air compressor
I have the MV50. From 18psi to 50psi on 35's took 30 minutes for 4 tires :(

12V jump starter
Antigravity Lithium battery pack. XP10 for the bigboy or XP3 for reduced accessories but still plenty of performance.

Let me know how you like the stick on motion sensor lights. I need one for my 12V fridge.

Out of the box they are nice:
  • charge indicator is big - red when needs charging and green when done after you plug in the micro usb
  • magnet is not super strong, but enough to stick anywhere i need so far
  • magnet is integrated so you don't have to do anything with them - just stick them
  • they provide a steel plate and 3M tape for sticking the lights to non-metal surfaces
I will see how they hold up and hold charge this next week :)

If anyone uses a fan in their tent setup that uses batteries and they like it, please let me know - I've seen a couple online with semi-good reviews, but didn't know if anyone here has firsthand experience with any....thanks.

If anyone uses a fan in their tent setup that uses batteries and they like it, please let me know - I've seen a couple online with semi-good reviews, but didn't know if anyone here has firsthand experience with any....thanks.

We are focused on 12V DC recharging or directly powered 12V DC items on this thread, BUT for batteries or even a direct AC you can look at the O2 Cool and others.

Couple thoughts:

1. There are very few options. If you want to make some money, make a DECENT recharging or battery based fan that is durable. I think people will pay $100 for it, btw. I just spent $66 on a cheap one :(
2. From other posts, you have these 02 Cool products: Amazon.com: O2COOL 10-Inch Portable Fan with AC Adapter: Sports & Outdoors

The same company makes D Battery versions that are pretty cheap - same style, probably all the same factory. They look like they would just fall apart, but mine survived three summers camping . . so I shouldn't complain.

After seeing mediocre reviews on 12V fans, I decided to just build my own.
14350712_243327099397206_420368663_n.jpg

Approximately 28 hours of runtime with 8 D-cell alkaline batteries. I was going to build a rechargable 12V solution but couldn't find a battery I liked that was cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom