Best manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well im going to need a manual to rebuild my transfer case. So I want to see what you guys have for manuals. It would need to say all the spec and stuff so what you guys so for repair manuals thanks

Eric

FSM and Hayne's. Gwegory's too.

I just bought a Haynes and its doesn't really have a whole lot of info on rebuilding the X-Case so I would say FSM

any links. I seen one in amazon a while back could find it or was it ebay not sure

Eric

"Manuals are obtained directly from the Toyota Material Distribution Center in Torrance, CA at 1-800-622-2033." from Cdan

I called last week and ordered mine... dont go off ebay they are more than what you pay from Toyota direct.. there are total off three books.. engine, chasie and I think drive train... I only orded 2 for now... but I wish I would have just orded them all and saved shipping..

I like Gregory's combined with the FSM. Haynes isn't so great.

FSM is the best, but I like having a Haynes or a Gregory to add to it. That way, you have slightly different pics and/or descriptions of how to do things. Sometimes, that makes it more clear on what needs to be accomplished.

Good luck!

"Manuals are obtained directly from the Toyota Material Distribution Center in Torrance, CA at 1-800-622-2033." from Cdan

I called last week and ordered mine... dont go off ebay they are more than what you pay from Toyota direct.. there are total off three books.. engine, chasie and I think drive train... I only orded 2 for now... but I wish I would have just orded them all and saved shipping..

Nice has anyone else got this one. I mostly only need drivetran. How much did it all cost ?

Here are the three part numbers for the FSM's for an 03/77 FJ40 with prices from Toyota 1-800-622-2033:

Engine 00400 98126 Cost: $20.10
Chassis 00400 98154 Cost: $26.86
Emmisions 00400 98159 Cost: $45.84

Copied from this thread. https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=110110

Here are the three part numbers for the FSM's for an 03/77 FJ40 with prices from Toyota 1-800-622-2033:

Engine 00400 98126 Cost: $20.10
Chassis 00400 98154 Cost: $26.86
Emmisions 00400 98159 Cost: $45.84

Copied from this thread. https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=110110

IS engine all the drive tran???? Is this what most people get. I sean alot of people say fsm

Whats chassis. Axles frame and all the stuff ???
I dont thing I need emmisons. Thats like the smog right ?

Eric

anyone else ?????? Anyone got a web site to make life better >

You can go to SOR - http://www.sor.com/sor/cat221.tam?xax=23638&page.ctx=cat221.tam - to figure out which ones you want/need. They have a list of FSMs (however, this is not a complete list of FSMs). You could also try www.birfield.com for a FSM download. They have a few years, but it isn't complete, either.

IS engine all the drive tran???? Is this what most people get. I sean alot of people say fsm

Whats chassis. Axles frame and all the stuff ???

The engine FSM only covers the engine, nothing else. The chassis FSM covers drivetrain, tranny, transfer case, electrical, etc.

I would say minimum you should get the engine FSM and chassis FSM for your model/year. They really are helpful. The problem with Haynes/Gregory is that they cover all years with one book. IMO, the Haynes is only a good supplement to the FSM, and not the other way around.

Good luck!

that would be the haynes, check the comments above
haynes.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom