Where to buy an FSM? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there any place online to buy a Toyota Factory Service Manual?

Thanks....

i know this is a poor answer to your question, but there are some on ebay.

LukeZero said:
Just googled "toyota factory service manual"

Got this...

http://www.factoryautomanuals.com/

as well as many others.

I myself have been looking. I have the Haynes and Chiltons books but every techie thread I read seems to mention that having the FSM is of upmost importence...

I did the google search too and got some hits including the one above. But, when you search within the above thread as suggested (year and manufacturer) I don't see any "factory" service manuals for a FJ40 or Landcruiser. I see Chiltons, Haynes, Clymer etc. but no Toyota Factory ones...

What I've seen on eBay are also mostly the Chiltons and Haynes types...

So, is there one all encompassing Toyota FSM for FJ40s or when the FSM is stated everyone really means multiple FSMs (body/chassis, engine, etc)?

Then to add to my confusion I have a 12/74 FJ40 so I'm never sure if I need the up to 1/75 stuff or '75 and up stuff as my FJ40 seems to have a little of everything (like most I guess)...

Last edited:
Funny, I just asked cruiserdan this very question! His response:

"Manuals are obtained directly from the Toyota Material Distribution Center in Torrance, CA at 1-800-622-2033."

Last edited:
BTW, I haven't tried this yet but will hopefully soon. I'll let you know what I find.

Martian said:
BTW, I haven't tried this yet but will hopefully soon. I'll let you know what I find.

Good info Martian! CDan comes through again!! Please do let us know what you find out.

Try to find these manuals.

The Haynes manual #313 has good info in it for general purpose stuff.

FSM #98154 & 98154E [Chassis & Repair] for year 1975 has info found nowhere else.

FSM #98231 [Maintenance Procedures, orange cover, 1980 models] is very helpful. Look for later year publications.

FSM #9833 [2F Emission Control] is required reading.

MAF & SOR carry these manuals as well as your dealer (maybe). Call them and ask for help.

Also, one of my posts about a pull out sheet:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.p...hlight=dfmorse

edit: FSM #9833 [2F Emission Control] is required reading. Should read FSM #98333

Thanks DF!

Your link is dead (at least to me) but that listing helps A LOT!! :)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Martian said:
Funny, I just asked cruiserdan this very question! His response:

"Manuals are obtained directly from the Toyota Material Distribution Center in Torrance, CA at 1-800-622-2033."

Last edited:
Martian said:

Cdan gave me the same exact info and I called. Earlier ones are out of print. I bought one for my 71 off of ebay. Someone is hosting them online as well. Do a search cause it's one of us but I don't recall who.

corsair23 said:
Good info Martian! CDan comes through again!! Please do let us know what you find out.

Ok, I just ordered the Engine (~$20), Chassis/Body (~$46), and Emissions (~$27) FSMs for a 1978 Landcruiser FJ40. Total cost including shipping was less than $100. They'll arrive in seven to ten days.

Martian said:
Ok, I just ordered the Engine (~$20), Chassis/Body (~$46), and Emissions (~$27) FSMs for a 1978 Landcruiser FJ40. Total cost including shipping was less than $100. They'll arrive in seven to ten days.

Cheap insurance...Unfortunately, I think my year is out of print so it may be off to $OR or Man-a-Fre for me...:frown:

I have tried them and they were very helpful and the lowest price to boot. With shipping and tax for FSM for my 1978 FJ40 was $62. I think SOR charges $90 before tax and $hipping. Ordered o friday and received the following wednesday.

I'd like to order a set my my 40 as well but have a question. Are there 3 different manuals for an 03/77 FJ40? Engine, Chassis and Emissions? I assume the electrical stuff is in one of the previously mentioned books? Thanks. ....Steve

mikealeus said:
I have tried them and they were very helpful and the lowest price to boot. With shipping and tax for FSM for my 1978 FJ40 was $62. I think SOR charges $90 before tax and $hipping. Ordered o friday and received the following wednesday.

Did you order all three manuals? I just called Toyota and this is the info I got back.

All manuals for an 03/77 FJ40

Engine 00400 98126 Cost: 20.10
Chassis 00400 98154 Cost: 26.86
Emmisions 00400 98159 Cost: 45.84

I want to make sure I'm getting the right manuals since the shipping costs aren't cheap and I don't want to do it twice. Thanks. ....Steve

EDIT*** I confirmed all the part numbers with MAF site and they seem right. I also confirmed that $OR charges double what you pay at Toyota.

Man this is some good information, all I have is a Haynes manual, and not a very good one at that.

Nope only the body and drivetrain (it does include electrical schematics). I wished now that I would have just ordered all 3 at the same time. Yes, SOR is double and THEN they add their hefty shipping costs which is a secret until you get the bill!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom