Before and After (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it.....is that what you mean?

thumb.gif

I am sure the holder of the title will not let it be sold without the proper wow factor in price

I am sure the holder of the title will not let it be sold without the proper wow factor in price

Price mean nothing to the title holder...but now come to think about I should secure the title before offering it for sale:doh:

After several days of wheeling Moab and the surrounding area I can fully endorse this set-up. I smashed the main cross member, hit the transfer-case skid plate hard, scrapped the rock rails. I can tell without question the stock exhaust would have been a problem, possible not even there after Moab :eek: No rattles, no damage, no vibrations, no issues at all. I have zero concerns about my exhaust at this point forward when wheeling.

I was with several other 80, early models, late models, stock exhaust, modded exhaust, single cats, and dual cat. A couple of times I took some IR temp readings of the passenger floor and the cats. My cat was at 200° max while others were double some as high as 465°. My floor temps saw about a 5-10° difference between drivers and passengers. While other 80 passenger temps were up to 25° hotter then mine. Keeping in mind my cat is 3/4" from my heat shield much less then stock.

The muffler is as quiet if not more quiet then the stock muffler with about 10-15lbs less weight.

All said one of the my best most effective mods.

Someone would be lucky to buy that rig. I wheeled with him and he had no issues. Nice work Phil!

Someone would be lucky to buy that rig. I wheeled with him and he had no issues. Nice work Phil!

Thanks Tony, based on its performance this past week it has increased in value:D

BTW Tony Good job on your driving this past week, you have graduated!

Last edited:
Did I miss the secret to the invisible cats or are you still holding out on us ;)

Ahhhhh..... Very nice! Specs.....? ;) Looks like you changed the exhaust tubing aft of the new cat as well yes? :hillbilly: Oh and Thanks!

Who did it all for you? Mesa Muffler? And what muffler is that? Since the super truck shop did mine I have had to have it redone 3 times and now am in need of having it redone again. All the mufflers die in a year or two. Mesa Muffler told me that it is due to too high of exhaust temps. Not sure if that is true but maybe I need to get my truck into see murf but I don't see with current computers how my exhaust temps could be so far out of wack to kill a muffler every year or so.

However, I LOVE the routing of the exhaust just like yours. I do have mine heat wrapped where it goes close to the floor and t-case and NO problems with heat on the floor.

Who did it all for you? Mesa Muffler? And what muffler is that? Since the super truck shop did mine I have had to have it redone 3 times and now am in need of having it redone again. All the mufflers die in a year or two. Mesa Muffler told me that it is due to too high of exhaust temps. Not sure if that is true but maybe I need to get my truck into see murf but I don't see with current computers how my exhaust temps could be so far out of wack to kill a muffler every year or so.

However, I LOVE the routing of the exhaust just like yours. I do have mine heat wrapped where it goes close to the floor and t-case and NO problems with heat on the floor.

A friend Elliot Possey did mine, he will do others CSC members. I went to Elliot with 3 goals 1 - quiet, 2 - didn't ever want to see it at all, 3 - Zero problems of any kind. Elliot put up with me through the complete install (poor Elliot) as I approved everything. With that said he said he would do other CSC members but they must leave it in the AM and pick it up at the end of the day.

Muffler is a Walker, must be offset for quiet per Eliott. His advice was no Flowmaster or Magnsflow if you want quiet. Exhaust tone is 100% acceptable to me, other option feel free to comment. I use 1 cat and it needs to be a heavy walled cat to last and work. During CM2011 I tested temps, my cat never measured a temp over 200°. Others had up to 479° the average of other was 300-400°. Floor temps were up 25° less the others and only a 5° difference between driver and passenger on my 80. I have never heard or seen that the exhaust has touch anywhere ever. O2 sensors are in the same place as the factory, never a code, remember NO problems. The install is very solid so far it has seen over 600+ off road miles and 2500 total miles.

Cost for replacing from a shorten down pipe to the end side of the muffler will cost you $500. Im sure he can and will do whatever you want but I strongly suggest listening to his ideas if you want more.

At first I had the ideas of 3" and this and that. After some consultation with Elliot I went with same size as OEM to meet my main goals. Remember I want reliability and quiet, so I listen and thankfully I did. I have no exhaust worries anymore.

DOOD :doh:

Do you know which model cat you used? The system looks great, and the way it should have been from the factory. Exhaust under the frame rail - really?

Thanks

You heard the man. You gotta drop the truck off for a day with Elliot.

:doh:

Before and after for 40s

Now you see it.
July2011 021.jpg

Last edited:
Now you don't.
July2011 023.jpg

greasable spring pins :eek: :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom