Events/Trails Bay Area - Roll Call and Planning Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1world1love

SILVER Star
Threads
Paging @mrburlingame, @adventurefam, @TLC2013, @dzl40, @cruiserintn, @psnyman, @indycole, @FerzLC, @supercarrera, @i4c4lo and probably a bunch of other folks (please @ as needed because I am old an cannot remember all the locals at this point).

As has been discussed ad nauseam in many other threads, we need to organize some activities amongst the Bay Area 200 folks (or anybody else that is in the area for that matter). To that end, I am starting this thread to try to consolidate ideas, meetups, trip planning, or information sharing.

Also, Let's face it, the Seattle Area Roll Call and Planning Thread makes us look like a bunch of anti-social, technophile, dweebs that sit in our overpriced dwellings writing social media apps.

So here we go.

I'm in. Only barrier is the travel/quarantine rules in Santa Clara County that's keeping me within 150 miles so my kid can get out of my house and go back to in-person school :) Hopefully that will be lifted before too long.

It is February here in the beautiful San Francisco Bay and the trees and flowers are all starting to bloom. In celebration of the pending spring, I think we need to start putting concrete plans together for a couple of meetups and potential camping trips. It is perfect whether in the desert and it is never too early to plan for a summer trip in the Sierras.

In the short term, who would be up for a local meetup involving beers and possibly some paper maps.

I'm in. Only barrier is the travel/quarantine rules in Santa Clara County that's keeping me within 150 miles so my kid can get out of my house and go back to in-person school :) Hopefully that will be lifted before too long.

Yeah man. No doubt. We can see light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully we can get some potential dates set aside for spring/summer with the expectation that things will look a lot different.

One option for late summer would be Faucherie Lake. There is a reservable group camp there and It is right on the lake. Incredible drive up and the scenery is amazing. It is pretty remote which is nice and although Jackson Meadows is heavily used, Faucherie usually has pretty light traffic.

@1world1love thanks for putting this together. I was just thinking we need better representation from the Bay Area members and should get some events/meetups in the works. Looking forward to it.

The Faucherie Lake and its surrounding area is beautiful. Excellent place to explore and camp.

Adding a couple more Bay Area members :
@elcie200
@mmcgrory

I am planning on heading to Hollister Hills State park on Sat 2/27. Anyone else up for a day trip?

I may be in as well.

What silly California rules are those?

It would definitely be cool to see a lot of 200s down there. Adding another Bay Area guy to the thread: @drftsub

I don't have a 200 but I'm in the South Bay, would love to join the fun. 2/27 Hollister Hills run could work

SF here! Please count me in for any events.

Also, Pacific Mountain Cruisers is planning a Mud ‘n Snow event on the 20th. It’s a bit of a trek to Lake Pillsbury, but I’ve been itching to get out so will be going. Here’s the link with more details:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom