Events/Trails Bay Area - Roll Call and Planning Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like most will get to the park between 0930-1100.
How about we meet up at the 4x4 obstacle course around 1100-1130? I haven’t been to the park but it looks like it’s in a central location and a good spot for some sightseeing and shenanigans.

Anyone else have comms? I have FRS and GMRS compatible radios. From what I hear cell reception is spotty.
Sounds good.

Yeah there is absolutely no reception in the park. I've got FRS/GMRS as well.

Also I'm going to bring some recovery gear (towing strap, tree saver, shackles, winch blanket, etc). Don't think we should need it but yah know just in case.

Sounds good.

Yeah there is absolutely no reception in the park. I've got FRS/GMRS as well.

Also I'm going to bring some recovery gear (towing strap, tree saver, shackles, winch blanket, etc). Don't think we should need it but yah know just in case.
Good deal, someone on here is bound to be that guy and need a recovery lol. I’ve learned my lesson the hard way and now always bring a full kit and tools.

Let’s nail down a channel and whether we use GMRS or FRS depending on what the others here will have.

Would those attending sound off if they have radios and if it is FRS, GMRS or both.

No comms for me so I will be flying blind. I agree that meeting somewhere inside the park is best as everybody will be arriving at different times. The obstacle course in the upper ranch sounds good to me as a meeting point though.

There are a couple playgrounds but it doesn't take long to get from one to the other.

It'll be hard to know which channels are being used before we get there so it's probably worth having a couple backups.

2m 147.420 -> 147.450 -> 147.540
FRS GMRS 15 -> 18 -> 20

That work?

There are a couple playgrounds but it doesn't take long to get from one to the other.

It'll be hard to know which channels are being used before we get there so it's probably worth having a couple backups.

2m 147.420 -> 147.450 -> 147.540
FRS GMRS 15 -> 18 -> 20

That work?

Thanks for taking the initiative and establishing the channels.

I'll have my radios on 2M 147.420 and FRS/GMRS 15

I'll be there around 10:30AM, and will meet at the 4x4 obstacle course.

For anyone new, like myself, reference PDF of the Hollister Hills OHV park map: https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/files/Upper Ranch Geo Referenced Map.pdf

Thanks for taking the initiative and establishing the channels.

I'll have my radios on 2M 147.420 and FRS/GMRS 15

I'll be there around 10:30AM, and will meet at the 4x4 obstacle course.

For anyone new, like myself, reference PDF of the Hollister Hills OHV park map: https://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/files/Upper Ranch Geo Referenced Map.pdf
Thanks for the link, that map will great to have on my phone. Nice to see that we will driving directly over the San Andreas Fault lol.

I am still learning all the nuances of GMRS so correct me if I am wrong but to avoid picking an occupied channel/frequency could we use say channel 15 and then select either a CTCSS or a DCS privacy channel?

I'm working to join the crew and will target arrival at the 4x4 Obstacle course around ~10:30 am. I planning to bring the 80 Series on 37 inch tires if I can make it work;)
It's gonna make my 80 on 32s look tiny lol.

The more the merrier!

See you guys there tomorrow, also running without comms and looking forward putting faces to names!
Likewise! See you all in the morning. I have a couple extra handheld FRS/GMRS radios I’ll be bringing if anyone would like to to use comms.

Going to head down at ~9:30, so I should be there by 10:45. Looking forward to it!

Anyone else coming? About to get going.

Had a really great time with you all today. We should do it again soon!

D1EA0C6A-9C2F-4A94-ACAC-AE761594089D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom