Events/Trails Seattle area role call and planning thread (1 Viewer)

Let’s do a Tahuya trip. When can you go?

• Saturday July 24

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Saturday July 31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday Aug 7

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is a SAD Day. The NWOLR Has been Cancelled. I spoke with them last week but they officially announced it today.

It is a SAD Day. The NWOLR Has been Cancelled. I spoke with them last week but they officially announced it today.

Well that really sucks. If they cancel the LCDC event in CO, then both of my trips are out the door. May have to rent the trailer for a few weeks and just travel the PNW on my own.

Rocky Mountain Overland Rally was cancelled too. :(

Can I get some help finding a dispersed camping option for 1 night? I'm looking for something 2-3 total trip hours from Seattle, hopefully with a lake or creek at the camp spot, and no people around. TIA!

Can I get some help finding a dispersed camping option for 1 night? I'm looking for something 2-3 total trip hours from Seattle, hopefully with a lake or creek at the camp spot, and no people around. TIA!

Easy options:

Stampede pass (just pass the ski resorts on 90). Only water is down in the valley and will likely be under powerlines. But there are tons of side roads that haven't had anyone on them in a year. And snow at elevation is mostly gone. The views are epic.

Anywhere along Lake Cle Elum or Salmon La Sac area. We love a spot along Tucquala that we go to a couple times a year. Get there early and you'll have your pick of spots

A little further, but still easy

Whisky Dick wild life unit along the columbia (about 100-ish miles). I've camped here 4 times and have never seen another vehicle. Terrain is quite rocky but not at all technical. I've got a track that takes you right to the river, this time of year river might be a bit higher than when I was last there.

WABDR section 2 north-south. Parts of 410 are closed and bethel ridge likely has snow, if not mud. But if you drop in from Ellensburg there are probably 100 miles of trail with tons, and tons of epic spots.

I've got tons of track. Text me and I'll send em your way.

Here is a great link for info on the Washington State Wildlife areas: WA Wildlife Lands or List of all areas
It includes the green dot trail maps. I used the Avenza Maps, since Gaia does not appear to support geo referenced pdf maps. As of June 1 dispersed camping is open. I drove into the Naneum Ridge State Forest area Memorial day weekend. Lots of spots along Naneum creek. Left side of the Naneum Colockum map.

@tbisaacs , I'll ping you for your Columbia River track. I think it is the same place NorthwestOverland is going in the next few weeks :)

I'm looking forward to finding a route from Liberty to section 3 of the WABDR on an upcoming weekend. We have done three "Rock Hounding trips" in the last two months. We ended up in the Naneum area, because we were trying to get from Wenatchee to Liberty (for gold panning) along the WABDR, but turned around at a muddy/snowy uphill section... No winch... (I might need to share shipping costs/group by with @grinchy )

Talk to you all soon.

No winch... (I might need to share shipping costs/group by with @grinchy )

Talk to you all soon.
I've had good success with the Bog Out solution. Not for super long pulls 30m at a time, but if you just need a hand out of a muddy spot it's working.

In case you are curious, WABDR 2 after bethel ridge is a whole lot of nope right now.

E83F0292-A743-46F9-822D-9779790B96A3.jpeg

2B048C94-C1EF-44B9-9E53-98F3DD1DCCA5.jpeg

My buddy and I called it after one recovery and a whole lot of maxtrax. East of this to Nile was 👌

Yeah I've been looking at the closures. We're headed up next weekend somewhere. Is there a river towards Nile?

The other side of Bethel ridge is totally dry and accessible. Found what appeared to be a hunting camp in a sprawling meadow off the main forest road.

vVhQdBp.jpg

Lots of fire rings and soft grass. Best part was the path that lead out to a clearing. What a find!

5A1C67C7-375B-4086-9980-368813F6E6EF.jpeg

NTwWYX7.jpg

Any beta on the lion rock spring area? Dead end road nf213 near there looks to have a creek. About 20 miles north of ellensberg on the wabdr route 3

Anyone looking for a group 31 Battery?

Odyssey Extreme pc2150 $100

I'm looking for a creek (not a river) that is on the west side of cascades and in national forest. any ideas? Pins or coordinates appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom