For Sale Bay Area, CA: 1999 Poverty Pack UZJ100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(18, 89, 10)
Price: $22,000 obo or trade for a white FZJ80 or maybe even a white 98-99 UZJ100

Good day,

Considering selling my ‘99 Land Cruiser. Imperial Jade Mica with beige interior. This is an “uncommon” version (dare I say rare these days) of the well known 100 series. This model does NOT have a sunroof, the rear windows do not pop out and the seats are cloth from the factory, but still electric. Instead of the sunroof, you get a bunch of sunglass holders. Like, too many. IMO this means less leaking points. Only a few thousand of these were ever imported.

Onto the rest of the vehicle; 207k miles and counting. It’s my daily.
I purchased this vehicle from @TheLCProject in October of 2021 with 177k miles.
During my ownership I’ve modified the car, performed maintenance and used this vehicle for its intents and purposes.

I have an extensive list of maintenance from the PO’s detailed excel sheet and I’ve been tracking my maintenance and modifications with dates and miles as well. Major maintenance during my ownership consists of new front rotors/ pads, rear pads and caliper (1) and a rebuilt ABS unit by Andy Le. Oil is changed every 5k miles with synthetic fluids and either OE filters or Mobile 1 filters.

I’ll most likely baseline the truck before a sale, including another oil change, filter, plugs and new fluids in the differentials. And a good wash.

Modifications include:

-Trail Tailor hidden winch mount with smittybilt 12k winch and synthetic cable with factor 55 Prolink

-Dual batteries (optima yellow top) with Slee dual battery mount and Redarc DC to DC converter

-ARB on board compressor (small boi)

-Custom steel sliders

-Full Slee skids (aluminum front/ middle, steel crossmember)

-Rear toyota E-locker wired by @TheLCProject (stock gears in the diffs)

-Nitro UCAs

-Dobinsons IMS long travel front shocks, Tough Dog rear shocks, OME torsion bars and 864 rear springs

-Trail tailor extended rear sway bar end links

-Kaymar spare tire swing out on factory rear bumper

-K9 load bars

-275/70/18 KO2s with 7k miles on 18” tundra steelies

-Spidertrax 1.25” wheel spacers

-Land shark single drawer

-Mountain Hatch tailgate table

-Custom fridge slide with Engel fridge/ freezer (I might keep the fridge)

-Escape gear seat covers/ center console cover

-weather tech mats

-bug deflector from Kazakhstan? eBay special…

The truck is in great mechanical condition and almost everything works. The passenger window switch doesn’t move the window down but the driver has control of that window.

The interior is very clean (9/10) and well taken care of. The D light works, if ya know what I mean

Exterior is alright (7/10). Hood has some rain damage from mineral stains and a few paint chips. Some clear coat is peeling (a few dime sized chips)
Brush scratches and pinstripes are present.

Previous previous owner had some paintless dent repairs done. No large dents or dings.

no major rust, just surface rust in the places where dirt slings into the metal (rear lower link brackets, sliders, etc)

I’ve driven through the Mojave, Death Valley, eastern Oregon, and a few others places with this truck. It shows.

I’m not home right now so I don’t have my maintenance list with me but please feel free to reach out here or my cell- (650) 701-6098

Let me know if you want specific pictures.

As I said earlier, I’m interested in a trade for a white FZJ80, moded or stock, lockers are a plus or $22k (or best offer) without the auto home Columbus tent unless the price is right. I’m down to travel anywhere in the country for the right one.
I’m only selling because I want a change, but I do love this car. I’m a slut for cruisers.

Clean CA title in my name, registered and just passed smog

Thanks for reading,

Rusty

3067F021-CC30-49CB-9953-F6AD8A8052AE.jpeg

897D95C4-A151-4500-95FB-E9689FDE827C.jpeg

B9CBFB82-C99F-4BCB-958B-6FAD3F5A34C1.jpeg

FE5FE5E8-1481-4252-82DB-DAA2D95614D7.jpeg

DE3E60BE-96AA-4257-9889-DE02053031BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Post interior pics! That’s what all us poverty peeps want!

The PO's for sale thread mentions an area of body damage and failed repair. Was that taken care of at some point?
Also is the list of mods what you added or a combo of you and the PO?

Not to speak for Rusty, but the modifications list appears to be the current modifications, including some from my ownership and some from Rusty's.

I also do not believe that the rear passenger wheel well ding/repair from the very first owner has been re-repaired by Rusty, but when I last saw the truck about a month ago, it hasn't gotten any worse.

Please confirm @RustyLinkz

Not to speak for Rusty, but the modifications list appears to be the current modifications, including some from my ownership and some from Rusty's.

I also do not believe that the rear passenger wheel well ding/repair from the very first owner has been re-repaired by Rusty, but when I last saw the truck about a month ago, it hasn't gotten any worse.

Please confirm @RustyLinkz
Affirmative. No attempt at repair but it hasn’t gotten any worse. I’ll take more detailed pictures of the paintless dent repairs in the door jams as well. @erse

Great truck, my 99 was also a poverty pack set up the exact same way, funny I traded it in to the Toyota dealer in Redwood City back in 03

Last edited:
Yes it was Toyota 101 in Redwood City, the VIN is JT3HT05J5X0026765 had 59k on it when traded on another 100 series, The only difference was the color, mine was Champagne Pearl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom