Basecramp Trailer Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was so cold and windy @wngrog, my buddy turned on his little buddy heater in the annex and walked outta get something and left it running. Wind blew the annex wall off the tent stake and wrapped a section of the fabric around the Heater. You can see a nice charred spot on the photo at the bottom. Grrrr.

That a really neat area though. I had never been. I will go back. I hope soon.
 
It was so cold and windy @wngrog, my buddy turned on his little buddy heater in the annex and walked outta get something and left it running. Wind blew the annex wall off the tent stake and wrapped a section of the fabric around the Heater. You can see a nice charred spot on the photo at the bottom. Grrrr.

That a really neat area though. I had never been. I will go back. I hope soon.

Close too
 
Man that is a cool little set up. Looks great!
 
JHigh.

1. Epic trailer build, hope you still have it and are still putting in miles. Looks awesome.
2. Is in a very similar situation (love overlanding, now have 3 kids, tried to sleep us all in the rooftop tent and it was a disaster) and just picked up a 1982 Freuhauf 5x8.
3. Can you share some details about your build? What paint stripper did you use, did you detach the nose cone, what size wheels and tires are those exactly, did you reinforce the axle/add brakes etc. would love to learn everything I can.

Thank you!
 
Back
Top Bottom