Bandeirantes to US? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doors

Nelson, it's my understanding that ther were alot of factory doors (steel) produced and when the factory was closed these doors are still there, somewhere. Can you ask your contact if he can get his hands on any or all of them and pricing. I'm very interested and have the funds to buy them all.
ca

Hi Lou,

I will be in São Paulo next weekend and I will try and talk to Lucio at Toyocap. In the meantime I will put your question on the 4x4 forum down here and see if any of the guys have heard about these doors.

Cheers

Nelson

Talked to Lucio last week, he knows nothing about new doors and only deals in second hand stuff. He had about 5 doors leaning up against a wall in various condidtions and was asking R$ 1000 each. Nobody on the brazilian forums knows about the phantom new doors so far either.

Nelson Davis
Mococa Brasil

Just got back from a trip to Brazil and here are some photos of
some Bandeirante's that I saw.

This one was in Rio De Janeiro:

P1010772.jpg

P1010773.jpg

This one was in Salvador:

P1010922.jpg

Figured I'd bump my old thread...

I'll offer my services to import one of these for those that are serious. The service I provide is a legal import to your door, and I will do it for a flat rate. It takes time (patience) and, of course, money. Anyone interested, PM me or post on this thread and I'll try to follow up.

Isn't there a company in Brazil that offers a full fiberglass body of a 4 door troopy style? Not that I am a fan of fiberglass---but it may open up some cheaper options for people.

I thought it was Toyocap.

I thought it was Toyocap.

No, it is called Fibercar. FiberCar

Good luck getting a response from Fibercar. Apparently they are not too good at the communication from what I have been told.

Yes, Toyocap sells second hand parts from wrecked trucks.

OVERLAND IMPORTS

I started a company in November 2015 and we have been importing many many Toyota Bandeirantes every month from Brasil to USA. We have figured out all the sourcing, fixing and inspection, shipment in containers, customs clearence, and titling and upgrading them in USA for suspensions, wheels, tires, turbos, AC/Heater, etc. You can find us at www.overlandimports.com or just call me, Daniel Barbalho, at 404-273-1082 and I would be happy to answer any questions. We have been shipping Bandeirantes from Washington DC to San Diego to Colorado to even Alaska. We are by far the largest importers of Toyota Bandeirantes and we also support all our customers with sourcing any replacement or upgrade parts from Brasil.

Ok, old thread but hopefully someone can answer my question. I want to know if it is possible to buy one of these four doors in Brazil and use it on a trip through South America and then drop it off in Columbia for a frame off restoration to then be driven or shipped back to the US. I found some for reasonable prices now the dollar is stronger.

I noticed the restoration company it Costa Rica is selling the two and four door version but are calling them land cruisers , not bandierantes . The fj company in Columbia has some for sale for restoration only...but that's not how I want to buy it...I figure after beating it for awhile would make more sense than driving a show piece throughout South America looking like a moving parts department. I currently live between El Salvador and the US and am all aware of the lhd rhd drive issues and 8 year or newer import laws there, unless importing a vintage car.

Seriously, living ambroad can be a pain in the arse.

Last edited:
Also, would it not be nice if they just came out with a international travel license plate and registration like Europe used to have when I was a kid?? Boy that would make things easier for us gringos that just wanna explore.

1tontoy,
I am interested in working with you for a flat-mate to import from Brazil.

QUOTEntoy, post: 5103193, member: 3631"]Figured I'd bump my old thread...

I'll offer my services to import one of these for those that are serious. The service I provide is a legal import to your door, and I will do it for a flat rate. It takes time (patience) and, of course, money. Anyone interested, PM me or post on this thread and I'll try to follow up.[/QUOTE]

Say 1tontoy. If u are still doing the import trucks from Brazil. Please count me in. Would be more than glad to make these trucks affordable. This way whoever puts in can customize there way. Some dealers are way to overpriced. Please let me know. The extend cab or double Cab is fine.

1tontoy,

I'll offer my services to import one of these for those that are serious. The service I provide is a legal import to your door, and I will do it for a flat rate. It takes time (patience) and, of course, money. Anyone interested, PM me or post on this thread and I'll try to follow up.
[/QUOTE]
1tontoy,

[/QUOTE]

Eric Wooster. Did u ever find someone to help with importing the Bandierante from Brazil. I left 1Tontoy a reply but have not heard back yet. Let me know if u need another person to buy. I can't figure out how to PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom