Builds Bad Bitch Betty Build v2 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice road trip and congrats on getting to finally make some memories in your 60. I bet the drive through that forest of massive redwoods was epic.

I’m going to start disassembling the front and inner fender today. I could use some advice.

I have a function carb cooling fan. Is it worth keeping on with the Sniper? I’m in AZ so the heat is a factor. That being said no other fuel injected vehicle that I know of has a cooling fan.

If the fan works, I would keep it. Over the long term, heat cycling can affect many parts under the hood, so anything you can do to evacuate that very hot air coming off the exhaust manifold can help to minimize the heat soaking those parts experience one the car stops moving.

Definitely not an expert, so someone can feel free to shout me down on this...

Started out my day by replacing my intake tube. Somehow it resulted in completely disassembling the passenger fender and inner fender. Whoops.

Picking up new inner fenders this weekend.

63DB9224-4245-4937-91BC-86776C6D1B8F.jpeg

DBBDAB0D-2C4D-4A15-BF56-5E64083C5A7E.jpeg

A80478A9-C56D-486F-AC2C-9E7CCF4D6296.jpeg

Need some help identifying these plugs. Driver’s side inner fender. @ToyotaMatt ?

48BF55E6-C478-4D16-944E-D0F8867E072B.jpeg

This is where she sits today. Hopefully more progress Sunday.

C73454AC-29BE-47E0-A268-B7777C793D73.jpeg

New fenders and rear arch replacements waiting to go on.

image.jpg

Minimal work today. Realigning the fenders is a pain. Snapped a bolt in the door jam so I can’t attach the lower section yet.

Looks like I need a new passenger side core support too.

Also on the hunt for a new valence if anyone has one.

2200D0EF-FA7E-4A47-AFEE-2C1128787D83.jpeg

Fenders mounted. Turns out the core support is jacked. Nothing is aligning. So I’m in the market for a good used core.

CBE2F412-4579-4C62-85F6-1F92F71D4ABC.jpeg

1E11473D-44FD-44DD-A5F2-E50C79EA9F63.jpeg

Had a couple spare minutes today. Made my fluid exchange hose. Got a whooping $30 into parts for it. Also topped off with Lucas oil stabilizer, it significantly cut down on transmission chatter.

Biggest transfer leak if coming from the output shaft seal. I’ll try swapping a new one in to hold off a rebuild just a smidge longer.

071A85BE-CF3B-4773-9AF0-7CACD461A4B1.jpeg

31B59EC1-7DE8-4F7D-A330-525990CD7B8B.jpeg

If you’re going to do the rear output seal why not just pull the rear case half and input gear and do the intermediate seal? It would only take an hour and half or so if you aren’t touching any bearings.

If you’re going to do the rear output seal why not just pull the rear case half and input gear and do the intermediate seal? It would only take an hour and half or so if you aren’t touching any bearings.
Which seal are you refering to?

a1_MC7106E.jpg

I have a core support ,hood and two inner fenders off a 85 fj60. If you need them.
im in So. California.
let me know if your interested.

Which seal are you refering to?

The T-case input seal... the one that must be bad if you are installing a bypass hose? (which are a complete crock IMO)

The T-case input seal... the one that must be bad if you are installing a bypass hose? (which are a complete crock IMO)

Dunno, they're a pretty solid work around for folks less mechanically inclined or aren't planning to tear into the case otherwise.

Mind you, in this instance, I'll agree...open the case and replace the seal, it's <$10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom