Builds Back dated mid 60's fst Troopy build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really like the look and size. Troopy is stock no lift. I will update on ride quality and noise soon. Best part $500 shipped for 4!

Nice pics whitey ....
how is the noise level with these tyres ?
My new Dunlop`s Qualifier are pianissimo :) thought they are louder.

Cheers.

DSC01771.JPG

The tires are pretty noisy, definately have a humming going down the road. They ride nice, I didn’t expect them to be like a BFg radial, and are 1/3 the cost!

Last edited:
Sorry for the hijack but after this one I couldn’t resist posting this:
9C03DA38-0E20-461C-B48F-5A2B53421785.jpeg

Not factory but remarkable Dutch craftsmanship.

Now back on topic.

A5909BBE-17D9-41E2-A45C-F8664A3C9662.jpeg
E98A03E0-E6B7-45FD-9E33-B8C5330C9424.jpeg
85A08BA2-A230-4863-8F5A-2C8DB639D4F4.jpeg
After welding 20 misc holes in the lid, center support strip,some por15, raptor liner, sound deadening, and will get a headliner, this 45 top should be quiet! Waiting on some new window seals and need to build a bulkhead, but the Troopy Ute conversion is coming together.

Pimp! Does the tub top rail interfere with the curved corner on the rear wall? Need a FF for that bad boy!

Pimp! Does the tub top rail interfere with the curved corner on the rear wall? Need a FF for that bad boy!
50234C54-2FFF-4E57-8FD4-951D093FA0FD.jpeg
Dan,

The top fits great with no interference with the tub rail. If you look close there is a 1/8 inch angle on the tub rail. It slips in perfect and will be the framework for the bulkhead. Funny you ask about the FF! Next project! Hzj axles!

View attachment 1780258 Dan,

The top fits great with no interference with the tub rail. If you look close there is a 1/8 inch angle on the tub rail. It slips in perfect and will be the framework for the bulkhead. Funny you ask about the FF! Next project! Hzj axles!
Dem axles are a long way from home! Better bust out the Miller for some perch relocation! PS. Your troopy ute well body pickup thang stopped a man in his tracks!

I wasn’t necessarily ask for the bar so much as wanting to watch you install it so I could copy it. You know watch and learn! ;)

More leg room than a stock 45?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom