B and 2B compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pura Vida

What an absolute noob
Threads
Hello everyone! this is my first post and I joined to get answers about my car. I bought a late model 1979 land cruiser BJ40 in Costa Rica with a 2B engine and imported it. recently, the engine warped and it needs a full rebuild or replacement. I found a 1B engine for sale and I wasn't sure if it would fit nicely in my car. I am assuming that it will fit fine but I don't want to buy the wrong engine and find out that it doesn't fit for some reason. Do all the B line Toyota diesel engines fit in pretty much all 40 series BJ40s?

Might be helpful

Hello everyone! this is my first post and I joined to get answers about my car. I bought a late model 1979 land cruiser BJ40 in Costa Rica with a 2B engine and imported it. recently, the engine warped and it needs a full rebuild or replacement. I found a 1B engine for sale and I wasn't sure if it would fit nicely in my car. I am assuming that it will fit fine but I don't want to buy the wrong engine and find out that it doesn't fit for some reason. Do all the B line Toyota diesel engines fit in pretty much all 40 series BJ40s?

it’ll fit, but how did the 2B make it into a South American market BJ40? 2B’s were a JDM engine only in Landcruisers.

You should change the title, "2B or not 2B.":rofl:

another RHD 2B in Costa Rica
258700A0-FC96-46EA-98AF-57AE40A1F17E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom