Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for 200s (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Figure an empty jerry can is about 12lbs, you'd need 5 to replace the 24 gallon, so you're at 60lbs in empty jerrys. I think the 40lb difference is worth it to not have to store 5 big ass jerrys in/on your rig. More room for your Colt 45 or Olde English 800.
My 100 lb ballpark was for a 40 gallon tank, the smaller versions will be marginally lighter....

ANYONE INTERESTED IN A 40 GALLON INSTALL LATER THIS MONTH IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA?
:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

We are going to do a detailed photo shoot during install to help finalize installation instructions and documentation.

If interested, please call me at 209-636-0831.

Thanks!

ANYONE INTERESTED IN A 40 GALLON INSTALL LATER THIS MONTH IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA?
:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

We are going to do a detailed photo shoot during install to help finalize installation instructions and documentation.

If interested, please call me at 209-636-0831.

Thanks!

How much later?

After the Baja trip...I might.

My 100 lb ballpark was for a 40 gallon tank, the smaller versions will be marginally lighter....

Would be interested in the actual weight of the 14 gallon. Also, can you take a pic of what the fuel fill looks like after install? Wondering if it will pass CA visual.

Would be interested in the actual weight of the 14 gallon. Also, can you take a pic of what the fuel fill looks like after install? Wondering if it will pass CA visual.
We will weigh a 13 gallon when we next have one. Photo? Sure, next time we see the truck.

Whooo! Getting my 40 gallon aux tank installed in April can’t wait!!

I’m surprised how much hesitation and concern there is in here of ppl adding the tank and waiting for others to do it first etc. I’ve ran two LRA tanks on two seperate platforms (80 and 3rd gen taco). Those were AU spec I made work. These tanks are specifically designed for our NA spec vehicles and Ward has spent a massive amount of time perfecting this.

I’m sure Ward will post pics when he does the install but I’ll also answer any questions and give my experience once I run it. I had never spoken to Ward before buying this so I’m as unbiased as can be.
I am driving my 200 to Panama then shipping it to SA to do Cape to Cairo so trust me when I say it will be getting every use possible.

I’m surprised how much hesitation and concern there is in here of ppl adding the tank and waiting for others to do it first etc. I’ve ran two LRA tanks on two seperate platforms (80 and 3rd gen taco). Those were AU spec I made work. These tanks are specifically designed for our NA spec vehicles and Ward has spent a massive amount of time perfecting this.

I’m sure Ward will post pics when he does the install but I’ll also answer any questions and give my experience once I run it. I had never spoken to Ward before buying this so I’m as unbiased as can be.
I am driving my 200 to Panama then shipping it to SA to do Cape to Cairo so trust me when I say it will be getting every use possible.
Clearly, you have been corrupted or bought off by the vendor..... :)

Clearly, you have been corrupted or bought off by the vendor..... :)
Some people are just very convincing what can I say. Of course i’m also easily convinced when it comes to this. So I suppose we shall call it a team effort.

It’s funny coming from the jeep and crawler world everyone I know just goes to town hacking up their rig with a sawzall and a few coors light to see if something works. Of course these 200’s are $80k vehicles so I guess that factors in to peoples hesitation. Oh well I’m always happy to be a guinea pig.

Last edited:
Some people are just very convincing what can I say. Of course i’m also easily convinced when it comes to this. So I suppose we shall call it a team effort.

It’s funny coming from the jeep and crawler world everyone I know just goes to town hacking up their rig with a sawzall and a few coors light to see if something works. Of course these 200’s are $80k vehicles so I guess that factors in to peoples hesitation. Oh well I’m always happy to be a guinea pig.
You are a fine pig, Cullen :pig:

This is post #410 after three months of combined effort on the part of LRA, Valley Hybrids, @indycole and lots of other folks - many on this thread.

This has been a team effort from Day One. Georg and I have had the honor and pleasure of acting as the custodian/midwife for an idea. We didn't do it, we just helped.

All are welcome at this table. The beer is free and the fellowship worth exactly what you paid for it.

The tanks/kits will meet your needs and you are welcome to order if and when it feels right, based upon confidence/comfort with fit and function, budget or other constraints.

There is no hurry - we will be here and we look forward to maybe helping meet your needs/wants.

Ward and Georg

We like pigs...

upload_2018-3-5_12-36-56.png

Last edited:

Here in the People's Republic of MA, we must get our vehicles inspected each year. A CEL means that you fail inspection. Given how sensitive the pollution controls and fuel evap stuff are on modern cars, I think my caution is warranted. I'm really interested in what these guys are doing, and fixing the range on my LC would be great.

But I paid $60k for my LC (used), and it is my daily driver. The LRA tank is not inexpensive. Installation will take about a day of labor ($$). So, yeah, I'm probably going to let someone else go first and tell me that the water's great, so jump in.

This is not meant in any way as a criticism of Ward and everything he is doing. I'm just cautious with something this expensive.

This is post #410 after three months of combined effort on the part of LRA, Valley Hybrids, @indycole and lots of other folks - many on this thread.

It's definitely exciting to see things progress from final testing to general availability! For my part I've been thoroughly impressed with the tank and entire system throughout the prototyping and testing process. I've put over 2000 miles on the truck since the initial prototype was installed and the tank works exactly as you'd want it to. There are some nuances that you'll need to understand as tank owners and I've provided feedback to the business to help inform their installation and operating instructions on that point.

While I'm sure Ward and Georg would not be taking orders if they weren't confident that things are ready to go, this is still a pretty serious modification so I'd encourage folks to think it through and leverage the community, Georg, and Ward as resources. There's no harm in waiting until you're ready to make the commitment.

Lastly, as a bit of a PSA, I'd recommend reaching out to Ward/Georg if you have any questions/comments/thoughts regarding the tank instead of PMing me. My truck played its role as the testing platform but there are enough minor differences between my tank and the production model that I don't want to give anyone bad information. I'm a huge fan of the tank we used in testing, it works as advertised, I provided feedback to Georg and Ward, and now that round of testing has been completed.

I'll have to come up with other reasons to visit Stockton as the place was just starting to grow on me...

Given how sensitive the pollution controls and fuel evap stuff are on modern cars, I think my caution is warranted. So, yeah, I'm probably going to let someone else go first and tell me that the water's great, so jump in.
We absolutely understand and encourage folks to stay tuned, monitor results and take action if and when appropriate.

This is not meant in any way as a criticism of Ward and everything he is doing. I'm just cautious with something this expensive.
No criticism heard or offense taken.

Georg and I - along with LRA - have expended significant amounts of time, effort and capital to address the needs of US spec 200 Series. Now that we have the 200s taken care of, our next project is a set of auxiliary tanks for US spec 100 Series, along with GX 470/460s and matching 4Runners. We also offer smog-friendly replacement main tanks for FJ Cruisers, Tacomas, Tundras and 100 Series, as well as main and auxiliary tanks for 40, 55, 60,70 and 80 Series, Jeeps, Land Rovers, Range Rovers, Nissans and a bunch of other rigs.

We are here to serve, to learn and to grow our platform of support for families of adventurers - or folks that just want more range on the highway.

It's definitely exciting to see things progress from final testing to general availability! For my part I've been thoroughly impressed with the tank and entire system throughout the prototyping and testing process. I've put over 2000 miles on the truck since the initial prototype was installed and the tank works exactly as you'd want it to. There are some nuances that you'll need to understand as tank owners and I've provided feedback to the business to help inform their installation and operating instructions on that point.

While I'm sure Ward and Georg would not be taking orders if they weren't confident that things are ready to go, this is still a pretty serious modification so I'd encourage folks to think it through and leverage the community, Georg, and Ward as resources. There's no harm in waiting until you're ready to make the commitment.

Lastly, as a bit of a PSA, I'd recommend reaching out to Ward/Georg if you have any questions/comments/thoughts regarding the tank instead of PMing me. My truck played its role as the testing platform but there are enough minor differences between my tank and the production model that I don't want to give anyone bad information. I'm a huge fan of the tank we used in testing, it works as advertised, I provided feedback to Georg and Ward, and now that round of testing has been completed.

I'll have to come up with other reasons to visit Stockton as the place was just starting to grow on me...
Stockton definitely grows on a guy......

Your work is done, Cole. Thank you for your faith, trust and patience. Take that Pig and fly....dreams do come true.

Here is an image as you and the Missus take that Big Boy where it was intended. Speaking of fuel, tanks, performance and Australia.....

The RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) was a long-term operator of the General Dynamics F-111 (also known as "The Pig"). RAAF air crews had a stunt that they performed, which consisted of dumping fuel and then lighting off their afterburners, creating a trail of flaming fuel behind the aircraft.

This IS NOT a recommended maneuver in the 200, even with a bad-ass Aussie tank in back. Enjoy....

upload_2018-3-5_14-55-35.png

Last edited:
Ward, for the 13 gallon. Does the spare have to move lower? I put on the second spare today and wouldnt want it any lower
IMG_0312.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG

@wardharris

Any info on the following?
1) Does the 13 gallon push the spare down any from it's stock position? I have a 305 tire underneath and want to know what impacts there might be to clearance.
2) Got a photo of the filler once the aux tank is installed? Want to know if I will have any visual smog concerns?

@wardharris

Any info on the following?
1) Does the 13 gallon push the spare down any from it's stock position? I have a 305 tire underneath and want to know what impacts there might be to clearance.
2) Got a photo of the filler once the aux tank is installed? Want to know if I will have any visual smog concerns?
1. Spare will be about .75" lower than stock
2. It uses the same cap as on your truck now, so no change with the cap on, see below for inside of filler with cap off

upload_2018-3-29_8-39-49.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom