SOLD Austin, TX: 1HZ-T Diesel Powered 1987 FJ60 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling my ultra cool 1HZ-T powered 1987 FJ60 because my buddy is selling sweet 80 diesel and I want it.

Highlights:
  1. 1HZ engine out of a low miles 1990 HZJ73. This engine is still produced by Toyota and parts are easily available.
  2. H55F five speed with new seals.
  3. New Toyota boost compensator added to injection pump for use with the turbo
  4. Rebuilt turbo out of a HDJ100 1HD-FTE. This turbo spools up fast and boosts to 20 PSI max.
  5. BDS 2" lift with Bilstein shocks.
  6. Toyota 16" steel rims with 285/75/16 BFG AT KO2's. These are practically new.
  7. New AC system (condenser, compressor, hoses, drier, and evaporator). Running R134 and can cool down to low 40's in the hot Texas sun.
  8. Front mount intercooler.
  9. Front ARB bumper with winch (needs controller box rebuilt)
  10. Rear custom dual swing out bumper made from @Fourrunner 's DIY kit utilizing 4x4Labs pivots. Sleep cooler rack on passenger side and tire carrier on driver's side. Also has integrated hitch and flat four trailer harness.
  11. Boost and pyrometer gauges in stereo slot. Autometer diesel tach installed in stock location.
  12. Large 10" Tuffy center console from an ICON FJ40.
  13. LED front headlights.
  14. ARB Safari Dorkel (I don't like snorkels).
  15. New tie rod ends and birf job (axle seals, bearings, etc).
  16. New Champion aluminum radiator and custom fan shroud.
Condition: It is crusty, but not rusty. Has great patina, but will need to be painted if you want something perfect. Frame is solid with some tiny surface rust (this is Texas, we don't have rust).

Performance: It hauls ass. The turbo really woke it up and am able to get up to speed fast and can cruise the highway at 70-75 without issues. EGT's are under 800F and boost maxes out at 20 psi. I can usually cruiser at 5-10 PSI. People that have driven it really like it.

Asking $22k OBO. Make me an offer! Located in Austin, TX. Local purchase is ideal so that you can drive it and really appreciate the rig.

Carfax Report:

Here's a link to my pics showing the build and its current state. 1987 FJ60

Build thread on IH8MUD: Builds - Back in a 60 series - 1HZ Swap

Video:

1580427411866.png

1580427345396.png

Preview YouTube video HZJ60 Drive

HZJ60 Drive

Last edited:
good luck with the sale...dude.. too bad you selling..
There is a nice 80 lhd diesel on the classifieds but im sure you knew that already...

Thanks man. Yeah, that 80 is sweet.

I'm lowering the asking price to $22k OBO. Someone make me a good cash offer!

I love it and I want it but I am financing a wedding later this year and it sadly has kept my fun funds at bay. GLWS!!!

Congrats on your engagement!

Depends how hard I push it. I usually get 17 MPG around town. If you drive slower, I bet you can get 20 mpg. I just like spooling up the turbo and enjoying it.

The only diesel I’ve owned is a grasshopper mower. All i did was change oil and filters. What Does the 1hzt require for maintenance?

That's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom