Aussie Locker Installation HELP !!! Rear differential spacer ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help !!! My Costa Rican mechanic is trying to install an Aussie Locker on my 1997 LC. Neither the instructions, or this tutorial mentions the RDF (rear differential) spacer (part No. 14 in schematic below) which fits over the RDF shaft (part No. 13.) It is sort of a cylindrical collar with 2 flat sides. Is this used in the Aussie locker installation along with the RFD shaft or is it eliminated ? My mechanic seem to think he should use it but it is too large to fit inside the Aussie Locker assembly. I'm not sure what to do with it as nothing I have found regarding Aussie locker installation addresses it. Any help out there ???

Thanks, Gringo Bob

090a.gif

I have never installed a Aussie but have installed a couple Lockrites years ago. That spacer seperates the spider gears which will be eliminated so, no, you won't be needing the spacer.

Last edited:
I have never installed a Aussie but have installed a Lockrites years ago. That spacer seperates the spider gears which will be eliminated so, no, you won't be needing the spacer.
Thanks baldilocks ! Yeah ...the auto lockers are basically the same. I will eliminate the spacer and try to get the locker installed within spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom