Builds Atwalz 2013 TLC 200 Build Thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is the Rustoleum Pro Grade Bed Liner holding up ok on the rear bumper? I need to get something on the interior of my new aluminum utility trailer and Line-X wants more than the cost of the trailer to apply their stuff. Did you use the 2-part liner kit or the spray on coating.

Is the Rustoleum Pro Grade Bed Liner holding up ok on the rear bumper? I need to get something on the interior of my new aluminum utility trailer and Line-X wants more than the cost of the trailer to apply their stuff. Did you use the 2-part liner kit or the spray on coating.

I used spray cans. It's holding up with exception of few scars from my Rubicon trip. For that, there is no solution even Linex would fail in that scenario.

Last edited:
I also swapped rear springs to tough dog tour flex. Love new springs rides much better now. @TRAIL TAILOR has them in case anyone is looking for them.

I also swapped rear springs to tough dog tour flex. Love new springs rides much better now. @TRAIL TAILOR has them in case anyone is looking for them.

Thanks K! Glad you like the ride. I have 5 pallets of coils (mainly TourFlex) arriving tomorrow and Friday. We will put these up on the website once back in stock as well.

Started cutting fenders. Used m8 nutserts and re-drilled holes to hold fender liner. Plan is go 35s when my current tires need replacement. Body mount will also be chopped.

View attachment 2343498
View attachment 2343499

Wow!

Hey Kamal—

If you are considering 35x12.5x17 Ridge Grapplers, I have a near new set of 5 (less than 1800 miles on them). Could save a bundle... If I could afford a chop and other similar changes, I’d keep 35’s....but since I’m not and you are...you might want these.

I had arb OME 2723 which is linear spring rate of 340 lbs per inch. My rig is heavy duty armor and aux tank. So needed something to match weight needs of the rig. Three other members (@Markuson @dc916cruiser and Cole) run so based on their feedback I gave them a try. I was worried about excess lift due to higher spring rate. But these turned out really good with springs it replaced. I can still park my rig inside a 7’ garage. I believe you can get them in heavy and medium range. I am using heavy. Check with Jason at @TRAIL TAILOR. These are taller than OME springs so you have drop the axle to install them. I used spring compressor to get them in. Little bit challenging to do them without shop lift. Open both KDSS screws three turns, then I disconnected KDSS sway bar brackets, at axle and LCA at axle side, axle link to frame and lower shock mounts. I did not disconnect brake lines because I am running +4” longer than stock. Good luck!

Last edited:
2nd battery hooked up with redarc bcdc1225d.

B9BEBC9C-6AB0-4405-BBF4-A689D16750CC.jpeg
2C72C13A-EC67-4AE0-AE4F-5183DB4FB42D.jpeg
7BD47D0A-C84D-44A7-82DC-5AC262ACF7C5.jpeg

@Atwalz are both batteries X2 Power Group 31 or is the battery on the passenger side a group 35 (X2 Power)? Also when you get a chance, could you share your dual battery setup/ detail and how the redarc bcdc1225d is performing? Thanks~

@Atwalz are both batteries X2 Power Group 31 or is the battery on the passenger side a group 35 (X2 Power)? Also when you get a chance, could you share your dual battery setup/ detail and how the redarc bcdc1225d is performing? Thanks~
Main battery is group 31m and second is 35. Performance is good. I have been running the fridge continuously. No issues. You will need a 40 amp fuse to each battery connecting the red arc. I did not connect blue wire or solar or led. Just ground and two + with 40 amp fuses to red arc. Then wired the fridge from aux. Winch is off main battery. I used 6awg wire to connect both batteries to Redarc. And 10awg with 40 amp from blue sea fuse block w/15 amp to fridge

Main battery is group 31m and second is 35. Performance is good. I have been running the fridge continuously. No issues. You will need a 40 amp fuse to each battery connecting the red arc. I did not connect blue wire or solar or led. Just ground and two + with 40 amp fuses to red arc. Then wired the fridge from aux. Winch is off main battery. I used 6awg wire to connect both batteries to Redarc. And 10awg with 40 amp from blue sea fuse block w/15 amp to fridge
Thank you for your insight. Are you set up to jump your main battery with your aux (35) if ever needed? My understanding is that redarc bcdc system does not have that capability..?

Thank you for your insight. Are you set up to jump your main battery with your aux (35) if ever needed? My understanding is that redarc bcdc system does not have that capability..?

I did not wire for fancy jump start. Simple jumper cables can accomplish this.

I am going to swap my front kdss bar links with BDS tundra sway bar links. Let’s see how this goes. I think @TexAZ has done this mod.

The links are very thick and line up better than the factory links. You will need to cut them down shorter, to match the factory length. I ran them for a while and when I went to replace my steering rack, couldnt get the tie rods on, because the links interfered. The front end had been hanging free for a day, but it showed that at full droop, the links wont clear the steering.

Self jump is pretty straightforward: a heavy duty relay and four wires - one to each battery (fused), a ground and a trigger wire to your "link" or "self jump" switch. The bcdc isn't really involved, although Redarc does publish a wiring diagram for it leveraging the SBI12. I found the SBI to be unnecessary with a BCDC, so I neutered it, turning it into a simple high load relay (you can purchase the equivalent relay for $15-20). Or you could use jumper cables, but what's the fun in that. :)

4.5” bds tundra lift kit ordered. Time to cut the front LCA rear cross member.

B55EC936-B9F9-4060-A733-D4C97F8536F5.jpeg
D05D09D8-5F53-4762-9E1B-46F0AE9066D0.jpeg

LRA fuel pump swap. Waiting for relay to finish wiring. Tested without relay. Works well and it’s quiet. @jmlockwood thanks for sharing info.

Wired fuel pump relay, I really like this setup fast and quiet. Also, ordered 4.88 nitro gears and ARB lockers. Scheduled for installation at Hunters 4x4 in Oct.

C27FA400-84EB-4980-A4F2-A7DE61201ECD.jpeg

Wrenching!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom