Builds Atwalz 2013 TLC 200 Build Thread. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice, Kamal!!

Note to Kamal...!!
I just noticed (and fixed) a couple of unfortunate Apple voice-to-text mistakes in my post about your setup a few posts back!!! :doh: :bang:

Mistake said your bumper “defectively” hangs a bit lower in back...should have said “**EFFectively**” hangs slightly lower than mine, but still seems tucked enough with the 40, etc! “ haha. Sorry. You did an awesome job. Wish I had your welding abilities...

But anyway... I have 40-envy now, and agree that as long as it is armored, it would be great. I even think it might be an advantage, because it can help prevent our bumpers from catching on a rock edge as it slides off the tank armor.

Mark

Last edited:
Nice, Kamal!!

Note to Kamal...!!
I just noticed (and fixed) a couple of unfortunate Apple voice-to-text mistakes in my post about your setup a few posts back!!! :doh: :bang:

Mistake said your bumper “defectively” hangs a bit lower in back...should have said “**EFFectively**” hangs slightly lower than mine, but still seems tucked enough with the 40, etc! “ haha. Sorry. You did an awesome job. Wish I had your welding abilities...

But anyway... I have 40-envy now, and agree that as long as it is armored, it would be great. I even think it might be an advantage, because it can help prevent our bumpers from catching on a rock edge as it slides off the tank armor.

Mark

Mark, 40 came in handy for our trip. Less fuel stops. I stopped for gas about six times for 3000 mile trip. Average fillup was around 40+ gallons. My mpgs were in 9 ish range. This was mainly due to weight, and speed. I need to regear.

Mark, 40 came in handy for our trip. Less fuel stops. I stopped for gas about six times for 3000 mile trip. Average fillip was around 40+ gallons. My mpgs were in 9 ish range. This was mainly due to weight, and speed. I need to regear.

Ya, that’s awesome.
Thinking Baja...Alaska.
So nice to add heaviest weight (extra fuel) at the lowest possible point!

Ya, that’s awesome.
Thinking Baja...Alaska.
So nice to add heaviest weight (extra fuel) at the lowest possible point!

Alaska is definitely on my bucket list!

Did you fab that yourself or source it? I’m thinking of something similar.

@Taco2Cruiser - you guys offering anything? I have your stage 4 in aluminum already..
We will be making some aux tanks armor after LCDC. Shock guards are up and going also.

Great work @Atwalz, always enjoyed this thread of yours.

Removed shocks and coilovers for the rebuild. Rear shocks were frozen on the lower axle mount. After several attempts of prying it off, I had to make a custom puller to get the shock off the rig. Dropping them off locally today to get them to rebuild. I had to cut the FK rod end bearing for one side to get the shock off. I will be ordering a new FK rod end bearing from Icon. I am thinking about investing in the tools to rebuild them at home.

stuck shock.jpg

FK bearing cut.jpg

shock puller.jpg

Removed shocks and coilovers for the rebuild. Rear shocks were frozen on the lower axle mount. After several attempts of prying it off, I had to make a custom puller to get the shock off the rig. Dropping them off locally today to get them to rebuild. I had to cut the FK rod end bearing for one side to get the shock off. I will be ordering a new FK rod end bearing from Icon. I am thinking about investing in the tools to rebuild them at home.

View attachment 2246674
View attachment 2246675
View attachment 2246676
Thanks for the info, think I'll go out and shoot a shot of Aero Kroil on mine.

To what do you attribute the freezing? Was it impact damage? Corrosion?

It was corrosion.

Reporting back on the shock rebuild. on the front Coilover, shock shaft was replaced due to a vertical scar which caused a leak. The shock seal head was also replaced. I also added boots to rear shocks to protect the shafts. On the rear shock which was damaged during removal, lower eyelet was completely replaced along with new M12 bearing. I have acquired all the tools needed to rebuild shocks. So the next rebuild will be inhouse.

A279BA58-068E-4CBD-9CCF-B6A0AF6C9C10.jpeg

158C36D8-3248-45BF-BB2E-66ACE2E4E70A.jpeg

51281C98-2BD7-488E-AC26-73BF1DBBF22C.jpeg

Last edited:
Relocated rear camera to spare tire carrier swing arm. Used 22-4 home security cable to extend camera wires.

F01C8A0A-FAD0-4CBD-A7C7-D41BA9AB0A15.jpeg

Relocated rear camera to spare tire carrier swing arm. Used 22-4 home security cable to extend camera wires.

View attachment 2269269
Same chore I did this week. I used 7 conductor sprinkler cable, just in case I want to have some option in the rear door for lighting.

Built a transfer case skid plate.

712B5C12-1E8D-49B0-AD42-2765C502B2FB.jpeg

Sanded and sprayed the rear bumper with Rust-Oleum prograde bed liner.

AA678417-DCA7-4BBF-B8D5-14C1698AA1B6.jpeg

Added bracket to swing arm to mount Proeagle 3ton Jack. 🥴

58E7A0D3-E9BA-48DF-B615-1BB03B9C2F44.jpeg
1712FF62-D262-4A62-827C-ACD0FF920392.jpeg

Started cutting fenders. Used m8 nutserts and re-drilled holes to hold fender liner. Plan is go 35s when my current tires need replacement. Body mount will also be chopped.

63D33EFE-BF24-49B3-A602-BB4205842551.jpeg

02E524C0-2BB5-48EE-BC8C-0FDAFE103620.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom