For Sale Atlanta, GA 1983 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1983 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 195k miles. A very stout machine with the Trollhole car. The engine runs and pulls beautifully. 4-speed shifts great. The floor is sprayed with bed liner so washing out is a breeze. It has a nice head unit could use new speakers and the interior is decent for its age. Steering is sloppy but definitely manageable. The springs are worn out and the shocks are new Ranchos but didn't ship with the proper bushings. So suspension work could be done. The frame is straight and rust free, it looks like the hood and top core support bar have been replaced. The fenders are a little mangled but from the look of it, there was a shop that tried to straighten the front all out. So in the end, really only the fenders are bad. The rad support isn't perfect but it holds everything where it needs to be. 4wd works. I've also rebuilt the brakes rear brakes.

-Aussie Lockers front and rear
-OME lift with shackle flip
-Rebuilt Brakes
-TrollHole carb
-desmogged
-new plugs, wires, fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel filter
-comes with new distributor
-tank dropped and cleaned
-New Rancho Shocks
-re-aligned drive shaft with new u-joints
-winch
-in cab winch controls
-80 AMP Chevy Alternator
-Mastercraft Seats

TEXT/CALL @ 949-527-5719 Price is $4500 CLEAN TITLE

Last edited:
Hey guys!

This cruiser has been at my place for the last week. Huk needed a place to keep it for a while and I'm enjoying tinkering on it (and driving it :D). Here is my two cents on it.

The Good
- 95% rust free - Rockers, quarters, floor etc. 100% rust free (see below for the 5%)
- It runs very strong! Fires right up at a touch of the key. Runs and idles smooth
- Shifts smooth through all 4 gears
- Breaks work great
- The shackle reverse and upgrade is nice!
- Brand new Trollhole carburetor
- It looks like all the fluids are new (break fluid, clutch fluid, etc.)
- Everything seems to work (lights, wipers, heater, etc.), but not the horn. The horns are there, just not working
- Nice functional winch and front bumper
- Has the original owners manual in the glove box and original tool kit, jack, etc. is under the seat
- Newer coated exhaust header
- The frame is straight and rust free

The Bad
- The springs will need to be replaced ASAP (lots of body roll, butt sagging. etc.) It rides like a 1970 Ford LTD
- A little bit of rust in the back drip rail and in the back door (very fixable) (That's the 5%)
- Looks like the steering box leaks and the steering is lose (box probably needs to be replaced or rebuilt)
- Small leak from the rear main seal. Not bad but leaking a little
- Small leak from the speedometer cable (may just need to be tightened)
- No AC (No compressor, hoses, evap, etc.)
- Obviously needs new fenders and probably a new core support. I think the core support can be saved if you work on it a little.
- Passenger side "core support body mount" will need to be straightened out. (The PO obviously hit a rock or tree on the passenger front corner. It looks like it is 99% cosmetic and did not harm to the frame.

Other Misc. Things
- Lots of little misc little things need to be done. (Alternator bracket has 12 washers on it for the spacer, shock bolts have 3-4 washers and incorrect bushings and bolts, little stuff, etc)
- Homemade rock sliders. They are SOLID but ugly in my opinion
- Tires will need to be replaced soon
- The battery will need to be replaced soon. It works but is weak
- The original color is white (all the door jams, under hood, etc. white)
- Front axle joints look good

I would love to have it myself, but I am knee deep in my FJ40 build, and the wife won't let me take on another toy.

If it were mine, I would...
- Install OME 2 inch lift springs
- Replace the fenders, core support, turn signals, etc.
- Remove the rock sliders
- Put on new tires
- Install carpet and more comfortable seats.
- Fix all the little misc things (could be done in a weekend or two for less than $100)
- Get a inexpensive paint job or remove the "rattle can" beige paint and have a sweet white patina TLC.
* Have a REALLY NICE FJ60 for under $10k
* Drive the heck out of it and enjoy it

Let's help him get this thing sold :) for Huk

MM

Last edited:
Huk (the owner) is planning to upload some more pics soon.

I will be out of town next week and wont have much access to the internet but will try to answer any questions if I can. Huk is a GREAT and honest guy and will be glad to answer any questions as well.

Here are pictures of any rust found on this 60. Only real bubbling is up near rain catcher.

Roofrust.jpg

trunkcorner.jpg

Hey Guys,

This FJ60 is still at my house :). I don't mind storing it for Huk , but I thought I would ask you guys thoughts on the price??

It seems like a good "driver/project" for $4500. It obviously needs some love, but it runs great and has very little rust. It would not take much to have a cool rig and is perfect from someone who wants drive-able project.

Someone could grab this and put $3k-$4k in it and have a nice FJ60.
- New OME Springs -$1000
- New Fenders - $800 (used for $400)
- New carpet - $300
- New/Used front seats - $300
- Decent paint job $1000
* Sweet, solid, good running FJ60 = total = $8000 ???

What do you guys think about the price?? $4500??

MM

Last edited:
Ok. I'll offer up an opinion. But it's just that, so don't take it too seriously.

* This is a strange classified ad, with you advocating for the owner. Why isn't Huk selling his truck?
* It looks really rough. Dented up front, dented and rust roof, sort-of trashed interior, bad paint.
* I'd say $2500. Maybe.
* Your valuations on the upgrades are way low. I think to make a nice FJ60 out of this, it would take more than 8K to the finish line.

Anyway, I could be way off, but I just wanted to respond as no one else has. Hopefully someone else can chime in and contradict me. Either way, GLWS...

Last edited:
I haven't met Vexvader in person but he helped me with finding an fj62 down in Georgia in March, I can vouch for his knowledge and honesty. He even offered to take a look at it!

Ok. I'll offer up an opinion. But it's just that, so don't take it too seriously.

* This is a strange classified ad, with you advocating for the owner. Why isn't Huk selling his truck?
* It looks really rough. Dented up front, dented and rust roof, sort-of trashed interior, bad paint.
* I'd say $2500. Maybe.
* Your valuations on the upgrades are way low. I think to make a nice FJ60 out of this, it would take more than 8K to the finish line.

Anyway, I could be way off, but I just wanted to respond as no one else has. Hopefully someone else can chime in and contradict me. Either way, GLWS...

Thanks georgebj60! I appreciate your thoughts.

Huk is selling it. This is his thread. He is a college student who lives in an apartment and is from out of state. That is why he is keeping it at my house. He started this thread and has updated it with more pics and info. He will respond if you PM him.

I am just trying to help him out! I would love for him be able to sell it.

MM

Last edited:
I haven't met Vexvader in person but he helped me with finding an fj62 down in Georgia in March, I can vouch for his knowledge and honesty. He even offered to take a look at it!

hobbadehoy :)

Glad you are enjoying your LC! Keep us updated as you work on it and enjoy it!!!

Matthew

* I'd say $2500. Maybe.

I just bought this thing and it has been a mechanical nightmare in every way imaginable. A LOT of work and It’s mostly been an exercise in removing and replacing anything done by one of the previous owners who was a terrible mechanic. I can spot his work almost instantly as this truck was once worked on by a good me hand then she fell I to bad hands. I saw the mud sticker on the truck and decided to see if I could find any info on it. Wish I read this earlier. Your advice was pretty spot on. But I did get a rust free rig for 10 grand and the engine feels solid so far, but it’s still a little ducked and the interior is still trashed...if the PO is still out there and knows anything about the desmog and if the dizzy has been recurved I would love to hear back.

I just bought this thing and it has been a mechanical nightmare in every way imaginable. A LOT of work and It’s mostly been an exercise in removing and replacing anything done by one of the previous owners who was a terrible mechanic. I can spot his work almost instantly as this truck was once worked on by a good me hand then she fell I to bad hands. I saw the mud sticker on the truck and decided to see if I could find any info on it. Wish I read this earlier. Your advice was pretty spot on. But I did get a rust free rig for 10 grand and the engine feels solid so far, but it’s still a little ducked and the interior is still trashed...if the PO is still out there and knows anything about the desmog and if the dizzy has been recurved I would love to hear back.

Wow! I can't believe that this is up in Massachusetts now! I am glad to see someone own it who cares about it and is addressing the issues!

Just for clarity... I was never the owner of this FJ60. I met Michael (HUK) here on MUD and he lived about 20 mins from my house. He was a college student and lived in an apartment. Eventually the apartment owners told him he could not keep it on the property because he did not have a current tag on it. I offered to let him keep it at my house for a few months while he was trying to sell it. I did tinker on it some and drove it around the block once a week to keep the battery charged and to help keep it running. I always fired right up. (see all my comments above about things that I thought needed to be addressed)

Did you say you paid $10,000 for it??? I sure hope not!!! I agree with georgieBJ60, that is was worth about $2000-$2500. HUK eventually sold it for $1700.

I am not sure how many times it has changed hands since HUK sold it, but it finally sold back around Nov or 2019 for $1700 to a guy in North Georgia. I saw it for sale on FaceBook marketplace about 2 month ago Feb 2020. I think he was asking like $4-$5k?? It looked like he hadn't done anything to it.

All I know is that HUK bought it from a guy in Alabama the way he sold it . The only thing HUK did was put new shocks on it... so the spotty work is probably 3-4 previous owners ago.

I would agree that it was a mostly rust free FJ60 with a strong motor, but I deferentially would not have paid $10k for it. Like I said, it sold about 6 months ago for $1700. If the guy from North GA didn't buy it, I was going to give HUK $1500 for it and address all the issues.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
I looked at some of your posts. It looks like you are fixing it up and addressing the issues that needed to be addressed. I am glad to see that! She is a solid TLC and will be a good one with a little time and effort. I do have Mike/HUK's cell number if you want I will give it to you. He is a nice guy and can probably answer some of your questions.

I do remember these two facts that I don't think are list above:

1. HUK mentioned the axles or some of the knuckle parts were from a FJ80, not the original FJ60 ones that came on it. It looks like you addressed this in one of you other threads. I also agree with you removing the Aussie Lockers, they seemed to bind up anytime it made a sharp turn.

2. The steel bumper on the front (not sure if it is still on the 60) was from a Dodge RAM. It was not made for a FJ60 but it seemed to fit OK.

I don't know anything about the smog set up, but if there is any other questions that would be helpful, I would be glad to try and answer. I will PM you with HUK's cell number and you can give him a call. Like I said, he is an honest and good guy. I am sure he would be glad to answer any questions he can.

Thanks for keeping her on the road and Good luck!!

Last edited:
I just went through your steering nightmare thread... and your Aussie Locker removal thread.

You may want to check and see if those axles are from a FJ80. That may be the reason things didn't match up and you had to by some used parts.

If those axles are FJ80's, you may want to just swap out the axles you have for some stock FJ60 axles. That might solve all your problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom